You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Tomorrow's Karbi Anglong bandh withdrawn

Press Trust of India  |  Guwahati 

Two organisations today withdrew the call for tomorrow's 24-hour Anglong during hearing of a PIL in against the

The Sixth Schedule and the United Students Association have called the in protest against certain inaction on the part of Anglong Autonomous District Council, the petitioner informed the court.

Asomiya Yuba Manch's today filed the PIL in the court of and Justice seeking remedies against the shutdown saying the bandh call was illegal.

It is violation of the law laid down by the Supreme Court and Gauhati High Court, the petitioner submitted.

The respondents had called an indefinite bandh from April 26 last year and called it off three days later and the people of Karbi Anglong had suffered immensely during that period, he said.

The two respondents had called a bandh again from 5 am of July 6, 2017 to 5 pm of July 7, 2017, he said.

The appearing for the respondents then submitted before the court that they are withdrawing the bandh.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Fri, May 18 2018. 17:50 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU