You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Two electrocuted to death

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

Two persons, including a 16-year-old boy, have been electrocuted to death in separate incidents in southeast Delhi's Badarpur area, police said today.

The first incident took place yesterday around 3 PM at Tajpur Road in Badarpur when three labourers were erecting an electric pole in the area. The trio suffered an electric shock when the pole came in contact with a live wire.


"They were rushed to a nearby hospital where Parvez was declared brought dead by the doctors. The other two are undergoing treatment and their condition is stated to be out of danger," said a senior police officer.

Romil Baaniya, Deputy Commissioner of Police (southeast), said the contractor, Vijay, has been booked for causing death due to negligence.

In another incident, a 16-year-old boy died after he suffered electric shock while switching on a water motor at his uncle's house in Subhash Camp area this evening.

The teenager belonged to Khagaria in Bihar, police said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU