ALSO READNaxals' diktat leaves Odisha villagers with no option but to flee for safety Odisha: PLFI Naxals killed in police encounter in Sundergarh district High-alert in Vizag Agency area as Naxals call for bandh 2 security personnel killed in face-off with Naxals in C'garh Security personnel killed in face-off with Naxals in C'garh
Two Maoists wanted in half a dozen cases today surrendered before the East Singhbhum Deputy Commissioner Amit Kumar and Senior Superintendent of Police Anoop T Mathew in Ghatshila sub-division, police said. Mohan alias Jara Murmu and Sunder Soren, both residents of Bikrampur village bordering Gorabandha block, surrendered before the Deputy Commissioner and Senior Superintendent of Police at the Vikas Mela organised by the district administration at Gorabandha, said Superintendent of Police (Rural), Shailendra Prasad Burnwal. Burnwal said both the naxals were wanted in about half dozen naxal related incident including the 2015 Bikrampur encounter, he said. The surrendered naxals were members of Kanhu Munda-led squad. Earlier, Munda, the secretary of Jharkhand-Bengal-Odisha Border Regional Committee, had surrendered with six members of his squad recently. A massive anti-naxal operation launched by the district police during the past few months had paid desirable dividend as a top Maoist and the bodyguard of slained top Maoist leader Kisenji alias Koteshwar Rao, Supai Tudu, who was carrying a reward of Rs 15 lakh, was gunned down in an encounter on January 2 last while his wife Sonali had been arrested.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)