You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

village officer electrocuted

Press Trust of India  |  Udhagamandalam 

A village Officer was electrocuted today when he reportedly came in contact with a live wire connected to a fence of a farm at Ittalaru on the outskirts.

The villagers noticed the man lying on the fence and the wire entangled on his legs and informed police.


Police quoted the villagers as telling them that the man used to cross the farm to his house in Indiranagar area and he might have come into contact with the wire connected to the fence.

Farmers in the area link power, either battery, solar or direct electric, to the fence to prevent the entry of wildlife and destroy their produce, police said.

Officials from Forest, Police and Electricity Board rushed to the spot to ascertain whether the farm owner has illegally given a power connection to the fence, police said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, July 12 2017. 13:42 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU