ALSO READOil tanker explosion: At least 148 burnt to death, 75 injured, in Pakistan Train accident in UP: Mumbai-Lucknow express derails at Unnao; no casualty 50 people injured after train crashes at Francia station in Barcelona Girl burnt alive for resisting molestation bid in UP CRPF jawan, among three dead, in highway accident
A 30-year-old woman and her two children were charred to death after their house caught fire which is thought to be caused by a short circuit in Kolhan village, the police said today.
"As soon as the short circuit took place, fire engulfed the entire room. Since, the blaze was intense near the door, Sheela and her three-year-old daughter and three-month child were unable to move out of the room," Inspector of Dehat Kotwali S K Rai said.
Family members and villagers reached the spot upon hearing their cries, but found it difficult to enter the room. They however managed to bring them out, but by then they had died, the police said.
All the bodies have been sent for post-mortem, they said.
(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)