You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Woman, goats electrocuted in Erode district

Press Trust of India  |  Erode(TN) 

A 52-year-old and he two goats were electrocuted when they came into contact with a live wire in the district, police said today.

The incident occurred last evening when the victim Kandammal from Sembulichamnpalayam village had taken her flock of goats nearby to graze, they said.


Kandammal and two goats came into contact with a snapped live electric wire that was on the road and were electrocuted to death on the spot, they added.

On receiving information, the Electricity Board officials rushed to the spot and removed the snapped wire, police said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, September 11 2017. 10:22 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU