You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Worker electrocuted during installation of electric poles in

Press Trust of India  |  Itanagar 

A of power department has died of electrocution while installing new electric poles near Borduria village, 8 km from Khonsa, the headquarters of district.

The deceased, a casault worker, identified as Wangkho alias Akho Wangsa, a native of Pongchau village under Longding district, came in contact with live wire while installing new poles and died on the spot yesterday, an official release said here today.

Three other casual workers of the departments division sustained severe injuries in the incident.

The injured have been sent to the Assam Medical College & Hospital, Dibrugarh for treatment.

has expressed shock and grief over death of the

While extending condolences to the bereaved family members, Khandu today announced ex-gratia relief to the next of kin as per the laid down norms.

He also wished speedy recovery of the injured.

Meanwhile, the cautioned officials and workers engaged in maintenance and construction of high voltage power lines to maintain extreme caution so that such unfortunate incidents do not reoccur.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, May 16 2018. 17:55 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU