1. Where will you find Thomas Adams (Sr.), John Cadbury, Theodore Tobler, Philippe Suchard, James L Kraft, William Christie along with Jean-Romain Lefevre et Pauline-Isabelle Utile and Adolphus Green together?
Mondelez International’s corporate website. All of them are considered as its founders
2. Connect a word that means “gallery” in Medieval Latin and an apocryphal incident that relates to the US President Ulysses S Grant meeting people when he went on private visits to a Hotel in Washington, DC. The people were either seeking help or trying to influence his political decisions.
The word lobby or lobbyist. The term lobbyist was coined by President Ulysses S Grant during his tenure in office (1869-1877)
3. Connect 221 B Baker Street with the tech major Wipro.
Wipro’s artificial intelligence platform is named Holmes
4. According to mythology this place was founded by Shishupala, Lord Krishna’s cousin. It is famous for a textile product and it is said that weaving as an occupation was established in the 2nd and 7th Centuries in this town. Name it and mention its famous textile product.
Chanderi in Madhya Pradesh that is famous for its hand-woven saris
5. What is one of the firsts achieved by the film Morgan? It is a 2016 British-American science fiction horror film directed by Luke Scott in his directorial debut and written by Seth Owen. Its cast includes Anya Taylor-Joy, Kate Mara, Michelle Yeoh, and Jennifer Jason Leigh.
The first-ever movie whose trailer was made by artificial intelligence, IBM’s Watson
6. A former driver of Uber in the US has started a new service dubbed “Uber for women”. What has he named it?
Safr, an Uber service for only women operated only by women. Its founder is former Uber driver Michael Pelletz, and his wife Kelly is president of this new venture
7. What is the buzzword used to describe any spyware that hijacks your browser and locks you into its site by stealing your home page? It gets its name from the villain of a very famous Hollywood horror movie.
Kruegerware, named after the villain of “Nightmare on Elm Street”
8. What is the significance of Sony Ericsson’s Z1010 model cell phone?
Introduced in 2003, Sony Ercisson Z1010 model was the first cell phone with a front facing camera
9. Who is currently due to be released from a US Prison on the 14th of November, 2139?
Bernard Lawrence “Bernie” Madoff. An American fraudster and a former stockbroker, investment advisor, and financier
10. The Image is of a confectionery item which is being sold mostly in the US since the late 1910s as a part of a fund raiser. It bears the logo of the organisation. Name it.
Girl Scout Cookies are cookies sold by the Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) as one of its major fundraisers for local scout units. GSUSA members have been selling cookies since 1917 to raise funds
There were no correct entries to quiz No 497.