The Strategist Quiz (#254)
- When and which company coined the acronym for Office Automation — OA? It recently unveiled a new global brand tagline.
- During the early years of this US university, established in the 1630s, tuition fees could be bartered for with lumber, livestock or construction stones. Name the university.
- This company was very popular for its chain of tea shops it established during the 1890s in the UK which unfortunately closed in the early 1980s. In the information technology world, not known to many, it is credited with one of the industry’s firsts. Name the company and its pioneering achievement.
- This business book published last year is about a famous personality and is titled____Invests Like a Girl. The author feels that the subject of the book is a great investor because he activates deliberative “feminine” wisdom when making investment choices. Name the person on whom this book is written and its author.
- Who introduced the concept of the 3 Horizons for growth to the management world?
- Whose quote is this “I don’t think of work as work and play as play. It is all living”?
- A Danish telephone engineer and inventor patented what he called a telegraphone in the 1890s. By what name is his invention better known as today?
- Which brand of fuel and lubricants did the Wright brothers use for their first historic flight at Kitty Hawk?
- Which technology product company’s mascot is called Redhead or simply, Rex?
- Identify both the brands from the visuals of their mascots and state the differentiators.
Ten all-correct entries will receive a copy of Glenn Shepard’s How to Manage Problem Employees published by Wiley India (books courtesy: Wiley India). One lucky winner will also receive a cheque for Rs 2,000. Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries must carry the postal address of the contestant. Last date for receiving entries: May 22, till 8 pm. Previous winners, employees of Business Standard and Wiley India and their families are not eligible to participate.