Microsoft is to update its flagship operating system next month so that the latest generation of Windows 10 hardware devices and software can tap into augmented and virtual reality technologies. The software upgrade, its fourth update, will be offered from October 17 to existing customers of Windows 10 running on more than 500 million devices, the company said. Microsoft also announced plans by computer and virtual-reality headset makers to introduce new hardware for businesses, consumers and video gamers to take advantage of so-called “mixed reality” features in ...
- Facebook, Twitter too far from stopping foreign meddling in future polls
- Amazon Kindle Oasis review: 7-inch screen is crisp and easy on the eyes
- Facebook, Google may face stricter rules on political advertising
- Smart home of the future: It's coming, whether you like it or not
- Tide pod crisis shows brands must reflect true personality on social media
- Xiaomi forays into television market, brings China model to India
- Idea Cellular board approves equity issue of up to Rs 35-bn through QIP
- Cloud-based irrigation system doubles crop yield, cuts water use by 80%
- HomePod is no match for Alexa. Is Apple losing the smart speaker plot?
- 47% businesses project data privacy as a barrier in digital journey: Study
First Published: Sun, September 03 2017. 01:23 IST