April 18, 2016, Monday
Business Standard takes a look at Coal India which saw a rise in volumes, revenue growth
February 12, 2016, Friday
Here's a threadbare analysis of the trends in the Indian power sector
November 17, 2015, Tuesday
For NTPC, that has often faced barbs for having a fourth of India's coal power generation capacity of 169,118 Mw, venturing into ...
September 23, 2015, Wednesday
Business Standard travels to remote villages in Bihar's Araria district to see how micro-grids are providing a reliable source of ...
September 10, 2015, Thursday
Time to move on with power distribution reforms
August 26, 2015, Wednesday
New challenges for augmenting solar power capacity
July 22, 2015, Wednesday
Once a haven for infra major investment, power sector is now bereft of capital flow. Past delays still haunt the sector, and ...
July 18, 2015, Saturday
As electricity consumption by households and in the agricultural sector follows its trend growth, greater electricity generation ...
June 19, 2015, Friday
NDA govt electrified about 1,100 villages in first year
June 18, 2015, Thursday
Govt hopes to add 0.21 mn Mw capacity by 2022, against 0.25 mn Mw added over 60 years
May 27, 2015, Wednesday
With 40,000 Mw of stalled projects likely to start production soon, states are bailing out discoms and revamping supply network ...
April 14, 2015, Tuesday
From February to mid-March, oil prices receded rapidly. WTI dropped by 22 per cent in six weeks. Brent crude was down about 15 ...
February 18, 2015, Wednesday
Renewable energy needs government to draft sensible policy
November 26, 2014, Wednesday
As banks struggle with high levels of exposure to the sector, a separate fund for power projects is seen as the next best
October 06, 2014, Monday
Time to ease bottlenecks in open access for power supplies
August 26, 2014, Tuesday
Investors rushed to pare their holdings in stocks of Jaiprakash Power, Reliance Power and Adani
June 26, 2014, Thursday
Modify Rangarajan price, and be firm with licensees
April 06, 2014, Sunday
Policy roadblocks holding back solar power
February 24, 2014, Monday
Tata Power surges 5%; NTPC slumps to five-year low
February 17, 2014, Monday
Court cases, investigations, dwindling sales and fall in market capitalisation could make recovery a tough challenge
- IPL T20: Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu involved in on-field spat
- After yet another suicide, Kota DC writes to parents not to force expectations on children
- Defiant Uber takes on Arvind Kejriwal, will continue surge pricing
- Rahul for UP CM? Likely to be named Congress president soon
- ICICI Bank tanks over 4%; Should you dump the stock?
- Ajay Shah: India's start-ups are lazy businesses
- Journalist Rajdeep Sardesai disables Twitter handle citing abuse
- It was the Congress govt which started the process to blacklist Agusta: Randeep Surjewala
- Debashis Basu: Mr Modi & markets - The next 3 years
- Kerala assembly polls: BJP destroying peaceful communal atmosphere in state, says A K Antony