May 09, 2016, Monday
In the concluding part of a two-part series, Business Standard looks at the bright spots of the green energy sector as well as ...
May 09, 2016, Monday
Business Standard looks at the bright spots of the Indian green energy sector and looming threats
April 18, 2016, Monday
Business Standard takes a look at Coal India which saw a rise in volumes, revenue growth
February 12, 2016, Friday
Here's a threadbare analysis of the trends in the Indian power sector
November 17, 2015, Tuesday
For NTPC, that has often faced barbs for having a fourth of India's coal power generation capacity of 169,118 Mw, venturing into ...
September 23, 2015, Wednesday
Business Standard travels to remote villages in Bihar's Araria district to see how micro-grids are providing a reliable source of ...
September 10, 2015, Thursday
Time to move on with power distribution reforms
August 26, 2015, Wednesday
New challenges for augmenting solar power capacity
July 22, 2015, Wednesday
Once a haven for infra major investment, power sector is now bereft of capital flow. Past delays still haunt the sector, and ...
July 18, 2015, Saturday
As electricity consumption by households and in the agricultural sector follows its trend growth, greater electricity generation ...
June 19, 2015, Friday
NDA govt electrified about 1,100 villages in first year
June 18, 2015, Thursday
Govt hopes to add 0.21 mn Mw capacity by 2022, against 0.25 mn Mw added over 60 years
May 27, 2015, Wednesday
With 40,000 Mw of stalled projects likely to start production soon, states are bailing out discoms and revamping supply network ...
April 14, 2015, Tuesday
From February to mid-March, oil prices receded rapidly. WTI dropped by 22 per cent in six weeks. Brent crude was down about 15 ...
February 18, 2015, Wednesday
Renewable energy needs government to draft sensible policy
November 26, 2014, Wednesday
As banks struggle with high levels of exposure to the sector, a separate fund for power projects is seen as the next best
October 06, 2014, Monday
Time to ease bottlenecks in open access for power supplies
August 26, 2014, Tuesday
Investors rushed to pare their holdings in stocks of Jaiprakash Power, Reliance Power and Adani
June 26, 2014, Thursday
Modify Rangarajan price, and be firm with licensees
April 06, 2014, Sunday
Policy roadblocks holding back solar power
- Waterways is game changer, mass rapid transport on electric to be India's future
- Ajit Balakrishnan: Layoffs signal changing economy
- Honeywell launches electronic product lab in Hyderabad
- SBI to raise up to Rs 11,000 crore via debt securities
- Gulf Petrochem to distribute IPOL lubricants in UAE & Oman
- Gold hits two-week low on US rate hike prospects
- P V Sindhu arrives in Hyderabad to rousing reception
- Muslims cannot use cow urine products, rules Darul Uloom
- PM Modi accepted our memorandum for political solution in Kashmir: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir dialogue must, but solution 'within Constitution': PM Modi