You are here » Home » Chat Home » Automobile launches in 2016

CHAT

CHAT CLOSED. READ TRANSCRIPT BELOW

• MODERATOR:

Hello and welcome to the webchat with Hormazd Sorabjee, Editor, Autocar India on the various automobile launches in 2016

HORMAZD SORABJEE:

Hello and welcome!

• S

SRIRAM

I am little confused in choosing between Hyundai Creta,Honda Jazz and City. Presently I am driving ford fiesta. Which one will be an ideal switch over?

HORMAZD SORABJEE

If you have the budget for the Creta then go for it. It feels the most premium, is well suited to our road and comes with a spacious and well appointed interior. It drives really well too

• R

RASHI

Normally, car manufacturers hike the prices of all their respective models in the month of January attributing to the rising input costs. Therefore, what according could be the best buy at present from the recent hatchbacks launched?

HORMAZD SORABJEE

Baleno is our current hot favourite at the higher end and in particular the petrol version. The Figo is good too if you want to spend less

• A

ANIL P SHARMA

Which is the best hybrid car available - automatic, ABS, EBS, Airbags,and complete hybrid?

HORMAZD SORABJEE

The Toyota Camry is the best hybrid today. It's well equipped and very comfortable too. Honda is launching the Accord hybrid at the Auto Expo so that might be worth considering too but it will be expensive.

• A

AMIT

What is your take on the newly launched SUV (KUV 100) from Mahindra Group with respect to features and aggressive pricing?

HORMAZD SORABJEE

It's what I call the cat amongst the hatchbacks. It stands out from the crowd with its aggressive design and certainly worth considering. Prefer the diesel to the petrol though

• P

PARAG

I wish to gift Jupiter scooter from TVS to my niece. How is the scooter faring in terms of mileage and maintenance?

HORMAZD SORABJEE

Jupiter best in class. Excellent mileage and low on maintenance. Go for it!

• N

NITISH

I wish to buy a high-end luxury car which would be your top three favourites among the latest models launched in India by BMW, Mercedes and Audi?

HORMAZD SORABJEE

From BMW am looking forward to the new X1 and 7-series. Mercedes has the GLC an SUV which will address an empty void in its range and Audi has the all-new A4. So lots of action from the lux car makers

• S

SANKAR

My first car was second hand. However, with host of new models being launched can you suggest some car models with an on-road priced under Rs 5 lakh which are best in mileage and low maintenance?

HORMAZD SORABJEE

Stick to Marutis if you want mileage and low maintenance. Celerio is a good option

• V

VISHY

From being a loyal Honda city customer for the last 7 years, i am finally planning to buy Ciaz. Do you think its a good idea?

HORMAZD SORABJEE

The Ciaz is better value and a touch more refined than the City but it doesn't drive as well nor are the seats as comfortable as the City's

• M

MOHAN LAL

I currently own a Honda Jazz. After 5 years of driving the car, i want to shift to a mini SUV. What is your view about Honda BR-V? What is the expected price range?

HORMAZD SORABJEE

USP of the BR-V will be seven seats. Will be easy to drive and quite spacious too. Expected price will be in range of Rs. 11-17 lakh

• S

SURESH

I wish to buy a new motorbike. What is your take on the new model launches from Bajaj Auto's Pulsar range like RS200 and AS200 and AS150?

HORMAZD SORABJEE

New Bajaj range has really turned out well. Especially the RS200

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

• Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.

Premium Services

In Partnership with

Dear Guest,

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard