• Kunj Bansal - ED & CIO, Centrum Wealth Management

Kunj Bansal

ED & CIO, Centrum Wealth Management

DATE: December 28, 2015, 12:00 PM

SUBJECT: Market outlook and stock picks for 2016

MARKETS

CHAT CLOSED. READ TRANSCRIPT BELOW

• MODERATOR:

Hello and welcome to the webchat with Kunj Bansal, ED & CIO, Centrum Wealth Management on his market outlook and stock picks for 2016

KUNJ BANSAL:

Hello, everyone

• A

ABHISHEK

Do you think private banks are a good buy at this stage?

KUNJ BANSAL

Selectively......can't take a broad call.

• M

MANOBENDU

Can you suggest a few stocks from short-term and long-term perspective?

KUNJ BANSAL

Difficult from short term perspective, but with e medium term outlook, u can look at Axis Bank, Bharat Forge and Supreme Ind.

• M

MANISH

I have shares of Munjal Auto, GMR Infra, Suzlon and Lanco Infra. Should I stay invested or sell?

KUNJ BANSAL

Hi, It will take some time to analyse and take a final call on these shares. However, based on current understanding - u should hold Munjal and Suzlon. For GMR and Lanco to perform, lots of developments will have to fall in place.

• A

ALAG1105

Are there any stocks that could be multi-baggers in 2016?

KUNJ BANSAL

:) We come to know that stock is a multi beggar only after it turns out that way - very difficult to take that call at the time of buying. If one has a courage to take a contrarian call on Metals stocks - it is possible that one can get good returns. You can look at Hindalco in the next correction.

• V

VIJAY

How do you see 2016 panning out for the Indian markets and economy? Can you suggest some stocks for the medium-term?

KUNJ BANSAL

We should see the improved macro of 2015 resulting in improvement in Micro in 2016. This is likely to lead to availability of some good investment opportunities. Even on broader basis, we should see market giving a positive return due to expected back-ended growth and the valuation correction that has happened in large caps. Stocks as already suggested earlier Axis Bank, Bharat Forge, Supreme Ind.

• K

KEERTHI

What is the outlook for information technology sector?

KUNJ BANSAL

It will be a slow and steady performer. has underperformed in 2015 which should get rectified in 2016. It is possible that mid -caps do better than large caps in IT in 2016. Though the top line growth is expected at lower end due to prevalent slow-down in global economies, the sustained INR depreciation should lead to some improvement in margin.

• V

VVSVISWANATH1953

What are the prospects for L&T in 2016?

KUNJ BANSAL

Although a leading stock, prospects in the medium term still could be under stress. Will have to review as time goes by.

• R

RAVI

I have L&T Finance Holdings and PTC India Financial Services. Should I continue to hold these stocks?

KUNJ BANSAL

Yes. Both are good quality companies. Decent financials and attractive valuation at current prices though, both stocks have not given positive returns in almost last one year. PFS had more than expected NPAs in last 2 quarters, partly led by Mgmt change which typically happens in PSU banks and also genuine business conditions. L&T Fin had some issues of asset quality which they have started addressing for last few quarters. You should see good returns from these stocks.

• M

MOHIT

What are your views on Morepen Labs and Opto Circuits (India)?

KUNJ BANSAL

Frankly, no view on both these stocks as have not studied them for quite some time though their historical financial as well as stock performance does not give any confidence to do fundamental oriented investing. If one has to take a high risk, market info based, contrarian call - then I have no idea.

• R

RAJAT

Where do you see the Nifty ending the December F&O series?

KUNJ BANSAL

:) Frankly, I am not a shorter term or a technically oriented practioner but more oriented towards medium to longer term investing. Still, if I were to guesstimate - may be. closer to current level of around 7950.

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

• Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.

Premium Services

In Partnership with

Dear Guest,

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard