1. A MEMBER ENTITLED TO ATTEND AND VOTE AT THE MEETING IS ENTITLED TO APPOINT A PROXYTO ATTEND AND ON A POLL ONLY TO VOTE INSTEAD OF HIMSELF / HERSELF. SUCH PROXY NEED NOT BEA MEMBER OF THE COMPANY PROXIES IN ORDER TO BE EFFECTIVE MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE COMPANYNOT LESS THAN 48 HOURS BEFORE THE MEETING
2. Corporate Members intending to send their authorised representatives to attend themeeting are requested to send to the Company, a certified copy of the Board Resolutionauthorising their representative to attend and vote in their behalf at the Meeting.
3. Members are requested to bring their personal copy of the Annual Report to themeeting.
4. Queries on accounts and operations of the Company, if any, may please be sent to theCompany seven days in advance of the Meeting so that the answers may be made available atthe Meeting.
5. The Register of Members and Share Transfer Books of the Company shall remain closedfrom July 13, 2013 to July 19, 2013 (both days inclusive).
6. Members holding shares in dematerialized mode are requested to intimate all changespertaining to their bank details, NECS mandates, Power of Attorney, change ofaddress/name, etc. to their Depository Participant only. Changes intimated to theDepository Participants will be automatically reflected in the Company's record which willhelp the Company and its Registrar and Transfer Agent to provide efficient and betterservices.
7. Under section 205A of the Companies Act, 1956, the amount of the dividend remainingunpaid or unclaimed for a period of seven years from the date of transfer to unpaiddividend account of the Company shall be transferred to the Investor Education andProtection Fund (the "IEPF") set up by the Government of India.
The dividend for the financial year ended March 31, 2005 which remained unpaid orunclaimed over a period of seven years has been transferred by the Company to IEPF on July14, 2012.
Any person/ member who has not claimed the dividend in respect of the financial yearended March 31, 2006 or any year thereafter is requested to approach the Company/Registrar and Transfer Agent of the Company for claiming the same.
It may please be noted that the unpaid/ unclaimed dividend for the financial year endedMarch 31, 2006 is due for transfer to the fund on June 28, 2013.
Members are requested to also note that pursuant to section 205C of the Companies Act,1956, no claim shall lie against the Company or the aforesaid fund in respect of anyamount of dividend remaining unclaimed / unpaid for a period of seven years from the datesthey became first due for payment.
8. Shareholders / investors may contact the Company on the designated E-mail ID:email@example.com for faster action from the Company's end.
9. The Company has paid the annual listing fee to the respective Stock Exchanges forthe financial year 2013-14. Annual Custody / Issuer fee for the financial year 2013-14 hasalso been paid by the Company to NSDL and CDSL.
10. As per the Scheme of Arrangement (demerger) of 2001 between the Company and JBMAuto Limited (formerly known as JBM Auto Components Limited), the shareholders of theCompany were required to surrender the original share certificates of the Company forexchange of new shares certificates of both the Companies. The Company had pending sharecertificates of those shareholders who had not submitted their share certificates in termsof the scheme of arrangement for exchange and also of those shareholders in whose case newshare certificates remained undelivered. In compliance with the amendment to Clause 5A ofthe Listing Agreement issued by SEBI, after following the prescribed procedure, the shareswhich remained unclaimed, were dematerialized and transferred to a demat account in thename of "Automotive Stampings and Assemblies Limited - Unclaimed Securities SuspenseAccount".
The Members are requested to refer the section on Clause 5A of the Listing Agreementw.r.t. Unclaimed Shares in Corporate Governance Report for further information in thisbehalf.
11. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), Govt. of India has taken a GreenInitiative by allowing paperless compliance by the companies and has permitted companiesto issue copies of Annual Report by e-mail to the shareholders. The Listing Agreement withthe Stock Exchanges requires the Company to send soft copies of the Annual Report andAccounts to those Members who have registered their e-mail addresses for the purpose. TheMembers can register their e-mail addresses with the Registrar & Transfer Agent of theCompany. The registration by the Members will contribute towards furtherance of the 'GreenInitiative in Corporate Governance' announced by MCA.
| ||BY ORDER OF THE BOARD |
| ||for Automotive Stampings and Assemblies Limited |
| ||Shailendra Dindore |
|Mumbai, May 6, 2013 ||Secretary |
|Registered Office: || |
|G-71/2, MIDC Industrial Area, || |
|Bhosari, Pune 411 026 || |