To the Members of
M/s Bhandari Hosiery Exports Limited
Report on the Standalone Financial Statements
We have audited the accompanying standalone financial statements of Bhandari HosieryExports Limited ("the Company") which comprise the Balance Sheet as at 31March 2016 the Statement of Profit and Loss the Cash Flow Statement for the year thenended and a summary of the significant accounting policies and other explanatoryinformation.
Managements Responsibility for the Financial Statements
The Companys Board of Directors is responsible for the matters stated in Section134(5) of the Companies Act 2013 ("the Act") with respect to the preparation ofthese standalone financial statements that give a true and fair view of the financialposition financial performance and cash flows of the Company in accordance with theaccounting principles generally accepted in India including the Accounting Standardsspecified under Section 133 of the Act read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts)Rules 2014. This responsibility also includes maintenance of adequate accounting recordsin accordance with the provisions of the Act for safeguarding of the assets of the Companyand for preventing and detecting frauds and other irregularities; selection andapplication of appropriate accounting policies; making judgments and estimates that arereasonable and prudent; and design implementation and maintenance of adequate internalfinancial controls that were operating effectively for ensuring the accuracy andcompleteness of the accounting records relevant to the preparation and presentation ofthe financial statements that give a true and fair view and are free from materialmisstatement whether due to fraud or error.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these financial statements based on ouraudit.
We have taken into account the provisions of the Act the accounting and auditingstandards and matters which are required to be included in the audit report under theprovisions of the Act and the Rules made thereunder.
We conducted our audit in accordance with the Standards on Auditing specified underSection 143(10) of the Act. Those Standards require that we comply with ethicalrequirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whetherthe financial statements are free from material misstatement.
An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts andthe disclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on theauditors judgment including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement ofthe financial statements whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessmentsthe auditor considers internal financial control relevant to the Companyspreparation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view in order to designaudit procedures that are appropriate in the circumstances. An audit also includesevaluating the appropriateness of the accounting policies used and the reasonableness ofthe accounting estimates made by the Companys Directors as well as evaluating theoverall presentation of the financial statements.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate toprovide a basis for our audit opinion on the standalone financial statements.
Emphasis of Matter-
We draw attention to the fact that the financial statements of the Company for the yearended March 31 2016 were earlier approved by the Board of Directors at its meeting heldon May 28 2016. The financial statements of the Company were audited by us and our reportdated May 28 2016 addressed to the members of the Company expressed an unmodifiedopinion on those financial statements. However to recommend payment of dividend for thefinancial year 2015-16 the Board of Directors reconsidered and approved the FinancialStatements in its meeting held on 22nd July 2016. There were no otherchanges/corrections/revision made to financial statements except for giving effect torecommendation and payments of dividends for the year 2015-16.
In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanationsgiven to us the aforesaid standalone financial statements give the information requiredby the Act in the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with theaccounting principles generally accepted in India of the state of affairs of the Companyas at 31st March 2016 and its profit and its cash flows for the year ended onthat date.
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements
1. As required by the Companies (Auditors Report) Order 2016 ("theOrder") issued by the Central Government of India in terms of sub-section (11) ofSection 143 of the Act we give in the "Annexure A" a statement on thematters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Order.
2. As required by Section 143 (3) of the Act we report that:
(a) We have sought and obtained all the information and explanations which to the bestof our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purposes of our audit.
(b) In our opinion proper books of account as required by the law have been kept bythe Company so far as it appears from our examination of those books.
(c) The Balance Sheet the Statement of Profit and Loss and the Cash Flow Statementdealt with by this Report are in agreement with the books of account.
(d) In our opinion the aforesaid financial statements comply with the AccountingStandards specified under Section 133 of the Act read with Rule 7 of the Companies(Accounts) Rules 2014.
(e) On the basis of the written representations received from the and taken on recordby the Board of Directors none of the directors is disqualified as on 31stMarch 2016 from being appointed as a director in terms of Section 164 (2) of the Act.
(f) With respect to the adequacy of the internal financial controls over financialreporting of the Company and the operating effectiveness of such controls refer to ourseparate Report in "Annexure B".
(g) With respect to the other matters to be included in the Auditors Report inaccordance with Rule 11 of the Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules 2014 in our opinionand to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us: i. TheCompany has disclosed the impact of pending litigations on its financial position in itsfinancial statements Refer Note 2 to the financial statements; ii. The Company didnot have any long-term contracts including derivative contracts for which there were anymaterial foreseeable losses; iii. There were no amounts which were required to betransferred to the Investor Education and Protection
Fund by the Company.
"ANNEXURE A" TO THE INDEPENDENT AUDITORS REPORT
Referred to in paragraph 1 under the heading Report on Other Legal &Regulatory Requirement of our report of even date to the financial statements of theCompany for the year ended March 31 2016:
1) (a) The Company has maintained proper records showing full particulars includingquantitative details and situation of fixed assets. (b) The Fixed Assets have beenphysically verified by the management in a phased manner designed to cover all the itemsover a period of three years which in our opinion is reasonable having regard to thesize of the company and nature of its business. Pursuant to the program a portion of thefixed asset has been physically verified by the management during the year and no materialdiscrepancies between the books records and the physical fixed assets have been noticed.(c) The title deeds of immovable properties are held in the name of the company.
2) (a) The management has conducted the physical verification of inventory atreasonable intervals.
(b) No discrepancies have been noticed on physical verification of the inventory ascompared to books records
3) The Company has not granted any loans secured or unsecured to companies firmsLimited Liability partnerships or other parties covered in the Register maintained undersection 189 of the Act. Accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (iii) (a) to (c) of theOrder are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
4) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us thecompany has complied with the provisions of section 185 and I86 of the Companies Act 2013In respect of loans investments guarantees and security.
5) The Company has not accepted any deposits from the public and hence the directivesissued by the Reserve Bank of India and the provisions of Sections 73 to 76 or any otherrelevant provisions of the Act and the Companies (Acceptance of Deposit) Rules 2015 withregard to the deposits accepted from the public are not applicable.
6) We have broadly reviewed the books of account maintained by the Company pursuant tothe rules made by the Central Government for the maintenance of cost records under Section148(1)of the Companies Act 2013 related to the manufacture of products and are of theopinion that prima facie the prescribed accounts and records have been made andmaintained. We have not however made a detailed examination of the same.
7) (a) According to information and explanations given to us and on the basis of ourexamination of the books of account and records the Company has been generally regularin depositing undisputed statutory dues including Provident Fund Employees StateInsurance Income-Tax Sales tax Service Tax Duty of Customs Duty of Excise Valueadded Tax Cess and any other statutory dues with the appropriate authorities. Accordingto the information and explanations given to us no undisputed amounts payable in respectof the above were in arrears as at March 31 2016 for a period of more than six monthsfrom the date on when they become payable.
(b) According to the information and explanation given to us there are no dues ofincome tax sales tax service tax duty of customs duty of excise value added taxoutstanding on account of any dispute.
8) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us theCompany has not defaulted in the repayment of dues to banks. The Company has not taken anyloan either from financial institutions or from the government and has not issued anydebentures.
9) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations givenby the management. a) The company has not raised moneys by way of initial public offer orfurther public offer including debt instruments and term Loans. Accordingly theprovisions of clause 3 (ix) of the Order are not applicable to the Company and hence notcommented upon.
b) The company has raised term loans from the bank for installation of machinery.
10) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management we report that no fraud by the Company or on the company by itsofficers or employees has been noticed or reported during the year.
11) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the managerial remuneration has been paid or provided inaccordance with the requisite approvals mandated by the provisions of section 197 readwith Schedule V to the Companies Act;
12) In our opinion the Company is not a Nidhi Company. Therefore the provisions ofclause 3 (xii) of the Order are not applicable to the Company.
13) In our opinion all transactions with the related parties are in compliance withsection 177 and 188 of Companies Act 2013 and the details have been disclosed in theFinancial Statements as required by the applicable accounting standards.
14) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the company has not made any preferential allotment or privateplacement of shares or fully or partly convertible debentures during the year underreview. During the year The Companys Equity shares of Rs. 10/- each weresub-divided into 10 equity shares of Rs. 1/- each resulting in increase in number ofequity shares from 14652695 equity shares of Rs. 10/- each to 146526950 equityshares of Rs. 1/- each.
15) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the company has not entered into any non-cash transactions withdirectors or persons connected with him. Accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (xv) ofthe Order are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
16) In our opinion the company is not required to be registered under section 45 IA ofthe Reserve Bank of India Act 1934 and accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (xvi) ofthe Order are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
"ANNEXURE B" TO THE INDEPENDENT AUDITORS REPORT OF EVEN DATE ON THEFINANCIAL STATEMENTS OF BHANDARI HOSIERY EXPORTS LTD (Report on the Internal FinancialControls under Clause (i) of Sub-section 3 of Section 143 of the Companies Act 2013("the Act") )
We have audited the internal financial controls over financial reporting of BhandariHosiery Exports Limited as of March 31 2016 in conjunction with our audit of thestandalone financial statements of the Company for the year ended on that date
Managements Responsibility for Internal Financial Controls
The Companys management is responsible for establishing and maintaining internalfinancial controls based on the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls OverFinancial Reporting issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Theseresponsibilities include the design implementation and maintenance of adequate internalfinancial controls that were operating effectively for ensuring the orderly and efficientconduct of its business including adherence to companys policies the safeguardingof its assets the prevention and detection of frauds and errors the accuracy andcompleteness of the accounting records and the timely preparation of reliable financialinformation as required under the Companies Act 2013.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on the Company's internal financialcontrols over financial reporting based on our audit. We conducted our audit in accordancewith the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting(the "Guidance Note") and the Standards on Auditing issued by ICAI and deemedto be prescribed under section 143(10) of the Companies Act 2013 to the extentapplicable to an audit of internal financial controls both applicable to an audit ofInternal Financial Controls and both issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants ofIndia. Those Standards and the Guidance Note require that we comply with ethicalrequirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whetheradequate internal financial controls over financial reporting was established andmaintained and if such controls operated effectively in all material respects. Our auditinvolves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the adequacy of the internalfinancial controls system over financial reporting and their operating effectiveness. Ouraudit of internal financial controls over financial reporting included obtaining anunderstanding of internal financial controls over financial reporting assessing the riskthat a material weakness exists and testing and evaluating the design and operatingeffectiveness of internal control based on the assessed risk. The procedures selecteddepend on the auditors judgment including the assessment of the risks of materialmisstatement of the financial statements whether due to fraud or error. We believe thatthe audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis forour audit opinion on the Companys internal financial controls system over financialreporting.
Meaning of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting
A company's internal financial control over financial reporting is a process designedto provide reasonable assurance regarding the reliability of financial reporting and thepreparation of financial statements for external purposes in accordance with generallyaccepted accounting principles. A company's internal financial control over financialreporting includes those policies and procedures that (1) pertain to the maintenance ofrecords that in reasonable detail accurately and fairly reflect the transactions anddispositions of the assets of the company; (2) provide reasonable assurance thattransactions are recorded as necessary to permit preparation of financial statements inaccordance with generally accepted accounting principles and that receipts andexpenditures of the company are being made only in accordance with authorizations ofmanagement and directors of the company; and (3) provide reasonable assurance regardingprevention or timely detection of unauthorized acquisition use or disposition of thecompany's assets that could have a material effect on the financial statements.
Inherent Limitations of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting
Because of the inherent limitations of internal financial controls over financialreporting including the possibility of collusion or improper management override ofcontrols material misstatements due to error or fraud may occur and not be detected.Also projections of any evaluation of the internal financial controls over financialreporting to future periods are subject to the risk that the internal financial controlover financial reporting may become inadequate because of changes in conditions or thatthe degree of compliance with the policies or procedures may deteriorate.
In our opinion the Company has in all material respects an adequate internalfinancial controls system over financial reporting and such internal financial controlsover financial reporting were operating effectively as at March 31 2016 based on"the internal control over financial reporting criteria established by the Companyconsidering the essential components of internal control stated in the Guidance Note onAudit of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting issued by the Institute ofChartered Accountants of India"
We also have audited in accordance with the Standards on Auditing issued by theInstitute of Chartered Accountants of India as specified under Section 143(10) of theAct the financial statements of Company which comprise the Balance Sheet as at March 312016 and the related Statement of Profit and Loss and Cash Flow Statement for the yearthen ended and a summary of significant accounting policies and other explanatoryinformation and our report dated July 22 2016 expressed an unqualified opinion thereon.
| ||For Vipan Kumar Aggarwal & Co. |
| ||(Chartered Accountants) |
|Place: Ludhiana. ||(Vipan Aggarwal) |
|Date : 22.07.2016 ||(Prop.) |
| ||Membership No. 081198 |