You are here » Home » Companies » Company Overview » Bharti Infratel Ltd

Bharti Infratel Ltd.

BSE: 534816 Sector: Infrastructure
NSE: INFRATEL ISIN Code: INE121J01017
BSE LIVE 15:40 | 02 Dec 386.00 -0.75
(-0.19%)
OPEN

385.00

HIGH

393.15

LOW

381.50

NSE LIVE 15:58 | 02 Dec 385.90 -0.65
(-0.17%)
OPEN

385.10

HIGH

393.00

LOW

381.40

OPEN 385.00
PREVIOUS CLOSE 386.75
VOLUME 87437
52-Week high 436.40
52-Week low 302.10
P/E 25.38
Mkt Cap.(Rs cr) 71394.95
Buy Price 0.00
Buy Qty 0.00
Sell Price 0.00
Sell Qty 0.00
OPEN 385.00
CLOSE 386.75
VOLUME 87437
52-Week high 436.40
52-Week low 302.10
P/E 25.38
Mkt Cap.(Rs cr) 71394.95
Buy Price 0.00
Buy Qty 0.00
Sell Price 0.00
Sell Qty 0.00

Bharti Infratel Ltd. (INFRATEL) - Company History

Bharti Infratel was incorporated in 2006 as a subsidiary of Bharti Airtel a leading global telecommunications company which currently has operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Bharti Airtel and Bharti Infratel are a part of the Bharti group one of India's leading business conglomerates with business interests in the telecommunications real estate insurance and retail sectors. In January 2008 Bharti Airtel transferred its towers to Bharti Infratel through a scheme of arrangement effective as of January 31 2008. As of September 30 2012 Bharti Airtel held 86.1% of the equity share capital of Bharti Infratel while the remaining 13.9% was held by certain private equity investors.In India Bharti Infratel has over 34000+towers across 18 states and 11 Telecom circles and still growing. The company also has a 42% stake in Indus Towers which was created as a Joint Venture between Bharti Infratel Vodafone and Aditya Birla Telecom to hive off the Towers business in 15 telecom circles. In 2011 the company won the `Green Mobile Award' for best green product / service or performance at the Global Mobile Awards 2011. In 2012 the company was awarded the 2012-CNBC Essar Steel Infrastructure Excellence Award as the Telecom Infrastructure Company of the year. It also received the 2012 CIO-APC Green IT Award for successfully consolidating and virtualising its data centre and making significant reduction in carbon emissions.In 2013 Bharti Infratel and OMC Power Awarded Best Consumer Service Innovation Award at Global Telecoms Business Innovation Awards. The company was also awarded the 'Most Innovative Energy Saving Product' for 'Renewable Energy Solutions for Telecom Tower Sites.In 2014 Reliance Jio and the company Joined Hands in Tower Infrastructure Sharing agreement. The company was also conferred with `Amity Telecom Excellence Award' for being the `Top Telecom Tower Company of the Year 2014'. The company has been conferred with `Global Business Excellence Award-2014. The company and indus Towers ink Infrastructure sharing deal.In 2015 the company has approved increase in foreign investment limit upto 49% of the paid up capital under Portfolio Investment Scheme (PIS) by Foreign Institutional Investors (FIls)/ Registered Foreign Portfolio Investors (RFPIs). The company wins award for `Best Employer' at the Aon Hewitt Best Employers 2015 Awards.

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard