To the Members of Eros International Media Limited
Report on the Standalone Financial Statements
1. We have audited the accompanying standalone financial statements of ErosInternational Media Limited (the Company') which comprise the Balance Sheet as at31 March 2017 the Statement of Profit and Loss (including Other Comprehensive Income)the Cash Flow Statement and the Statement of Changes in Equity for the year then endedand a summary of the significant accounting policies and other explanatory information.
Management's Responsibility for the Standalone Financial Statements
2. The Company's Board of Directors is responsible for the matters stated in Section134(5) of the Companies Act 2013 (the Act') with respect to the preparation ofthese standalone financial statements that give a true and fair view of the state ofaffairs (financial position) profit or loss (financial performance including othercomprehensive income) cash flows and changes in equity of the Company in accordance withthe accounting principles generally accepted in India including the Indian AccountingStandards (Ind AS') specified under Section 133 of the Act. This responsibility alsoincludes maintenance of adequate accounting records in accordance with the provisions ofthe Act for safeguarding the assets of the Company and for preventing and detecting fraudsand other irregularities; selection and application of appropriate accounting policies;making judgments and estimates that are reasonable and prudent; and design implementationand maintenance of adequate internal financial controls that were operating effectivelyfor ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the accounting records relevant to thepreparation and presentation of the standalone financial statements that give a true andfair view and are free from material misstatement whether due to fraud or error.
3. Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these standalone financial statementsbased on our audit.
4. We have taken into account the provisions of the Act the accounting and auditingstandards and matters which are required to be included in the audit report under theprovisions of the Act and the Rules made thereunder.
5. We conducted our audit in accordance with the Standards on Auditing specified underSection 143(10) of the Act. Those Standards require that we comply with ethicalrequirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whetherthese standalone financial statements are free from material misstatement.
6. An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amountsand the disclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on theauditor's judgment including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of thefinancial statements whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessments theauditor considers internal financial controls relevant to the Company's preparation of thefinancial statements that give a true and fair view in order to design audit proceduresthat are appropriate in the circumstances. An audit also includes evaluating theappropriateness of the accounting policies used and the reasonableness of the accountingestimates made by the Company's Directors as well as evaluating the overall presentationof the financial statements.
7. We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate toprovide a basis for our audit opinion on these standalone financial statements.
8. In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanationsgiven to us the aforesaid standalone financial statements give the information requiredby the Act in the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with theaccounting principles generally accepted in India including Ind AS specified under Section133 of the Act of the state of affairs (financial position) of the Company as at 31 March2017 and its profit (financial performance including other comprehensive income) itscash flows and the changes in equity for the year ended on that date.
9. The Company had prepared separate sets of statutory financial statements for theyear ended 31 March 2016 and 31 March 2015 in accordance with Accounting Standardsprescribed under Section 133 of the Act read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts)Rules 2014 (as amended) on which we issued auditor's reports to the shareholders of theCompany dated 26 May 2016 and 29 May 2015 respectively. These financial statements havebeen adjusted for the differences in the accounting principles adopted by the Company ontransition to Ind AS which have also been audited by us. Our opinion is not modified inrespect of this matter.
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements
10. As required by the Companies (Auditor's Report) Order 2016 (the Order')issued by the Central Government of India in terms of Section 143(11) of the Act we givein the Annexure A a statement on the matters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 of theOrder.
11. Further to our comments in Annexure B as required by Section 143(3) of the Act wereport that:
a) we have sought and obtained all the information and explanations which to the bestof our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purpose of our audit;
b) in our opinion proper books of account as required by law have been kept by theCompany so far as it appears from our examination of those books;
c) the standalone financial statements dealt with by this report are in agreement withthe books of account;
d) in our opinion the aforesaid standalone financial statements comply with Ind ASspecified under Section 133 of the Act;
e) on the basis of the written representations received from the directors and taken onrecord by the Board of Directors none of the directors is disqualified as on 31 March2017 from being appointed as a director in terms of Section 164(2) of the Act;
f) we have also audited the internal financial controls over financial reporting(IFCoFR) of the Company as on 31 March 2017 in conjunction with our audit of thestandalone financial statements of the Company for the year ended on that date and ourreport dated 26 May 2017 as per Annexure B expressed an unqualified opinion;
g) with respect to the other matters to be included in the Auditor's Report inaccordance with Rule 11 of the Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules 2014 (as amended) inour opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanations given tous: i. the Company as detailed in Note 40 to the standalone financial statements hasdisclosed the impact of pending litigations on its financial position;
ii. the Company did not have any long-term contracts including derivative contracts forwhich there were any material foreseeable losses;
iii. there has been no delay in transferring amounts required to be transferred tothe Investor Education and Protection Fund by the Company;
iv. the Company as detailed in Note 47 to the standalone financial statements hasmade requisite disclosures in these standalone financial statements as to holdings as wellas dealings in Specified Bank Notes during the period from 8 November 2016 to 30 December2016. Based on the audit procedures performed and taking into consideration theinformation and explanations given to us in our opinion these are in accordance with thebooks of account maintained by the Company.
| ||For |
| ||Walker Chandiok & Co LLP Chartered Accountants |
| ||Firm Registration No.: 001076N/N500013 |
| ||Per Adi P. Sethna |
|Place: Mumbai ||Partner |
|Date : 26 May 2017 ||Membership No: 108840 |