Incorporated in 1980 as a private limited company, K G Petrochem became a public limited company in 1995. In 1980, the company became a partner of Jai Hanuman Industries, engaged in the manufacture of wax and in Sep.'81, it started production of paraffin wax from slack wax.
In Jan.'95, the company diversified by implementing a project to manufacture HDPE/PP woven sacks with an installed capacity of 1600 tpa. Its client list includes ACC, Vikram Cement, Grasim Industries, L & T Cement, J K Cement, Sriram Cement, etc.
In 1995, the company's the wax division was converted into a different company Pulkit Refinery in partnership with Umesh Nemani. Later on, the company retired from the partnership and presently it does not have any connection with Pulkit Refinery.
The company expanded the capacity of its unit in Jaipur, from 1600 tpa to 3400 tpa. It came out with a public issue in Jan.'96 to part-finance the expansion project. The company exports to Switzerland, Ireland, Sudan, etc, through NOCIL.
In 1996-97, the company increased the installed capacity of it tape extursion to 3400 MT, Fabrics to 56 looms/MT and Bags to 30 stitching Mach./MT and it is also diversify its manufacturing activity in the field of manufacturing Gwar Gum and its derivatives, it has already initiated actions for this project.
During 1997-98, the company has installed 8 more looms and has purchased corona printing machine to improve quality of printing and fabric cutting. Also it has been appointed as consignment stockist for Polymer Products (HDPE abd LLDPE) for Jaipur territory by Gas Authority of India Limited which will generate good business.
To expand the capacity of HDPE/PP woven sacks & Fabrics the company has setup a new project at Kaladera Industrial Area. But this project has been deferred due to economic & market situation.