Incorporated as a private limited company in the small-scale sector to manufacture 300 tpa of thionil chloride(TC), Link Pharma Chem (LPCL) increased its capacity to 1500 tpa in 1989 to meet the growing demand. LPCL undertook a further expansion in 1993 with assistance from SIDBI to increase capacity to 2100 tpa. This was completed in 1994.
A partnership firm (cap.: 1080 tpa) manufacturing chlorinated paraffin (CP) was also merged with LPCL in Apr.'94. This forms the present unit -- Link Pharma Chem. It modernised and expanded its TC capacity to 3300 tpa, expanded its product range to include CP 70 (450 tpa), and integrated forward to manufacture dinitro ortho-toluamide (DOT, 450 tpa).
While TC is used as an intermediate in the production of pesticides, pharmaceuticals and dyestuffs, DOT is primarily used as an additive in poultry feed, and CP finds application mainly as a filler material in paints, PVC products, lube oils, etc. LPCL entered into a buy-back arrangement with Gharda Chemicals, a leading manufacturer of pesticides, for over 35% of its capacity of TC.
In 1995-96 Company has successfully completed its expansion project for manufacture of Thionyl Chloride and intermediates from 2100 TPA to 3300 TPA.