To the Members of
North Eastern Carrying Corporation Limited
Report on the Financial Statements
We have audited the accompanying standalone financial statements of NORTHEASTERN CARRYING CORPORATION LIMITED ("the Company") which comprise theBalance Sheet as at March 31 2016 the Statement of Profit and Loss Cash Flow Statementfor the year then ended and a summary of significant accounting policies and otherexplanatory information.
Managements Responsibility for the standalone Financial Statements
The Companys Board of Directors is responsible for the matters stated in Section134(5) of the Companies Act 2013 ("the Act") with respect to the preparation ofthese standalone financial statements that give a true and fair view of thefinancial position financial performance and cash flows of the Company in accordance withthe accounting principles generally accepted in India including the Accounting Standardsspecified under Section 133 of the Act read with Rule 7 of the Companies (Accounts)Rules 2014. This responsibility also includes maintenance of adequate accounting recordsin accordance with the provisions of the Act for safeguarding the assets of the Companyand for preventing and detecting frauds and other irregularities; selection andapplication of appropriate accounting policies; making judgments and estimates that arereasonable and prudent; and design implementation and maintenance of adequate internalfinancial controls that were operating effectively for ensuring the accuracy andcompleteness of the accounting records relevant to the preparation and presentation ofthe financial statements that give a true and fair view and are free from materialmisstatement whether due to fraud or error.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these standalone financialstatements based on our audit.
We have taken into account the provisions of the Act the accounting and auditingstandards and matters which are required to be included in the audit report under theprovisions of the Act and the Rules made there-under.
We conducted our audit in accordance with the Standards on Auditing specified underSection 143(10) of the Act. Those Standards require that we comply with ethicalrequirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whetherthe financial statements are free from material misstatement.
An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts andthe disclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on theauditors judgment including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement ofthe financial statements whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessmentsthe auditor considers internal financial control relevant to the Companyspreparation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view in order to designaudit procedures that are appropriate in the circumstances but not for the purpose ofexpressing an opinion on whether the Company has in place an adequate internal financialcontrols system over financial reporting and the operating effectiveness of such controls.An audit also includes evaluating the appropriateness of the accounting policies used andthe reasonableness of the accounting estimates made by the Companys Directors aswell as evaluating the overall presentation of the financial statements.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate toprovide a basis for our audit opinion on the standalone financial statements
In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanationsgiven to us the aforesaid standalone financial statements give the informationrequired by the Act in the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformitywith the accounting principles generally accepted in India of the state of affairs of theCompany as at March 31 2016 and its Profit and its Cash Flow for the year ended on thatdate.
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements
1. As required by the Companies (Auditors Report) Order 2016 ("theOrder") as amended issued by the Central Government of India in terms ofsub-section (11) of section 143 of the Act we give in the "Annexure A" astatement on the matters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Order.
2. As required by section 143 (3) of the Act we report that:
a) we have sought and obtained all the information and explanations which to the bestof our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purpose of our audit;
b) in our opinion proper books of account as required by law have been kept by theCompany so far as it appears from our examination of those books;
c) the Balance Sheet the Statement of Profit and Loss and the Cash Flow Statementdealt with by this Report are in agreement with the books of account
d) in our opinion the aforesaid standalone financial statements comply with theAccounting Standards specified under section 133 of the Act read with Rule 7 of theCompanies (Accounts) Rules 2014.
e) On the basis of written representations received from the directors as on March 312016 taken on record by the Board of Directors none of the directors is disqualified ason March 31 2016 from being appointed as a director in terms of Section 164 (2) of theAct.
f) With respect to the adequacy of the internal financial controls over financialreporting of the Company and the operating effectiveness of such controls refer to ourseparate Report in "Annexure B".
g) With respect to the other matters to be included in the Auditors Report inaccordance with Rule 11 of the Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules 2014 in our opinionand to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us: i. TheCompany does not have any pending litigations which would impact its financial position.
ii. The Company did not have any long-term contracts including derivative contracts forwhich there were any material foreseeable losses. iii. There were no amounts which wererequired to be transferred to the Investor Education and Protection Fund by the Company.
Annexure A to the Independent Auditors Report
Referred to in paragraph 1 under the heading Report on Other Legal RegulatoryRequirement of our report of even date to the financial statements of the Companyfor the year ended March 31 2016:
On the basis of such checks as we considered appropriate and in terms of theinformation and explanations given to us we further state as under:
1. (a) The company is maintaining proper records showing full particulars includingquantitative details and situation of the fixed assets.
(b) All the fixed assets have been physically verified by the management at reasonableintervals. No material discrepancies were noticed on such verification.
(c) The title deeds of immovable properties are held in the name of the company.
2. The company is not dealing in any physical inventory and therefore there is noquestion of physical verification of inventory.
3. (a) The company has not granted any loans secured or unsecured to the companiesfirms or other parties covered in the register U/s. 189 of the Companies Act 2013.
(b) As the company has not granted any loans the terms and conditions of the grant ofsuch loans being prejudicial does not arise.
(c) As the company has not granted any loans no schedule of repayment of principal andinterest has been stipulated.
(d) As the company has not granted any loans there are no overdue amounts.
4. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us thecompany has complied with the provisions of section 185 and 186 of the Companies Act 2013in respect of loans investments guarantees and security.
5. The Company has not accepted any deposits from the public. Therefore the directiveissued by the Reserve Bank of India and the provision of section 73 to 76 or any otherrelevant provisions of the Companies Act 2013 and the rules framed there under does notarise.
6. As informed to us maintenance of cost records has not been prescribed by theCentral Government U/s. 148(1) of the Companies Act 2013.
7. (a) According to information and explanations given to us and on the basis of ourexamination of the books of account and records the company is regular in depositingundisputed statutory dues within in the prescribed time to the appropriate authorities andthere are no arrears of outstanding statutory dues as on the last day of the financialyear for a period of more than six months from the date they became payable.
(b) According to the information and explanation given to us following statutory duesare not been deposited on account of any dispute.
|Nature of the Dues ||Tax Amount under Contest (approx.) In Rs ||Period to which the amount relates ||Forum where the dispute is pending |
|Income tax ||212030/- ||FY 2012-13 ||CIT(Appeals) |
8. According to the information and explanations given to us the company has notdefaulted in repayment of dues to any financial institution or banks.
9. According to the information and explanation given to us the moneys raised duringthe year by way of term-loans/IPOs were applied for the purpose for which those wereraised.
10. Based on the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations givenby the management we report that no fraud by the company and nor any fraud on the companyby its officers or employees has been noticed or reported during the year.
11. Based on the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations givenby the management Managerial Remuneration has been paid or provided in accordance withprovisions of Companies Act 2013.
12. In our opinion the company is not a Nidhi company within the meaning of relevantlaw.
13. Based on the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations givenby the management all transactions with related parties are in compliance with section188 of the Companies Act 2013 and requisite details have been disclosed in the financialstatements as required by the applicable accounting standards.
14. Based on the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations givenby the management the company has not made any preferential allotment or privateplacement of shares or partly convertible debentures u/s 42 of the Companies Act 2013during the year.
15. Based on the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations givenby the management the company has not entered in to any non-cash transaction withdirectors or others in contravention of section 192 of the Companies Act 2013.
16. In our opinion the company is not required to be registered under section 45-IA ofthe Reserve Bank of India Act 1934.
Annexure B to the Independent Auditors Report of even date on the FinancialStatements of North Eastern Carrying Corporation Limited
Report on the Internal Financial Controls under Clause (i) of Sub-section 3 of Section143 of the Companies Act 2013 (the Act)
We have audited the internal financial controls over financial reporting of NorthEastern Carrying Corporation Limited ("the Company") as of March 31 2016 inconjunction with our audit of the standalone financial statements of the Companyfor the year ended on that date.
Managements Responsibility for Internal Financial Controls
The Companys management is responsible for establishing and maintaining internalfinancial controls based on the internal control over financial reporting criteriaestablished by the Company considering the essential components of internal control statedin the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls over Financial Reportingissued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. These responsibilities includethe design implementation and maintenance of adequate internal financial controls thatwere operating effectively for ensuring the orderly and efficient conduct of its businessincluding adherence to companys policies the safeguarding of its assets theprevention and detection of frauds and errors the accuracy and completeness of theaccounting records and the timely preparation of reliable financial information asrequired under the Companies Act 2013.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on the Company's internal financialcontrols over financial reporting based on our audit. We conducted our audit in accordancewith the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls over Financial Reporting(the "Guidance Note") and the Standards on Auditing issued by ICAI and deemedto be prescribed under section 143(10) of the Companies Act 2013 to the extentapplicable to an audit of internal financial controls both applicable to an audit ofInternal Financial Controls and both issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants ofIndia. Those Standards and the Guidance Note require that we comply with ethicalrequirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whetheradequate internal financial controls over financial reporting was established andmaintained and if such controls operated effectively in all material respects.
Our audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the adequacy ofthe internal financial controls system over financial reporting and their operatingeffectiveness. Our audit of internal financial controls over financial reporting includedobtaining an understanding of internal financial controls over financial reportingassessing the risk that a material weakness exists and testing and evaluating the designand operating effectiveness of internal control based on the assessed risk. The proceduresselected depend on the auditors judgement including the assessment of the risks ofmaterial misstatement of the financial statements whether due to fraud or error.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate toprovide a basis for our audit opinion on the Companys internal financial controlssystem over financial reporting.
Meaning of Internal Financial Controls over Financial Reporting
A company's internal financial control over financial reporting is a process designedto provide reasonable assurance regarding the reliability of financial reporting and thepreparation of financial statements for external purposes in accordance with generallyaccepted accounting principles. A company's internal financial control over financialreporting includes those policies and procedures that (1) pertain to the maintenance ofrecords that in reasonable detail accurately and fairly reflect the transactions anddispositions of the assets of the company; (2) provide reasonable assurance thattransactions are recorded as necessary to permit preparation of financial statements inaccordance with generally accepted accounting principles and that receipts andexpenditures of the company are being made only in accordance with authorisations ofmanagement and directors of the company; and (3) provide reasonable assurance regardingprevention or timely detection of unauthorised acquisition use or disposition of thecompany's assets that could have a material effect on the financial statements.
Inherent Limitations of Internal Financial Controls over Financial Reporting
Because of the inherent limitations of internal financial controls over financialreporting including the possibility of collusion or improper management override ofcontrols material misstatements due to error or fraud may occur and not be detected.Also projections of any evaluation of the internal financial controls over financialreporting to future periods are subject to the risk that the internal financial controlover financial reporting may become inadequate because of changes in conditions or thatthe degree of compliance with the policies or procedures may deteriorate.
In our opinion the Company has in all material respects an adequate internalfinancial controls system over financial reporting and such internal financial controlsover financial reporting were operating effectively as at March 31 2016 based on theinternal control over financial reporting criteria established by the Company consideringthe essential components of internal control stated in the Guidance Note on Audit ofInternal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting issued by the Institute of CharteredAccountants of India.
| ||For M/s Sanghi & Company |
| ||Chartered Accountants |
| ||Firm No: 012619N |
| ||Ram Kishan Sanghi |
|Date: 30.05.2016 ||Proprietor |
|Place: Delhi ||M. No. 091534 |