Orissa Luminaires was incorporated in 1992 as a public limited Company. It is promoted by Bhagwandas Kapadia & Asociates. The company has established an unit to manufacture chokes, luminaires, accessories and HPSV and GLS Lamps at a total cost of Rs 1552 lac, which is being carried out in two phases. The company commenced the commercial production of the first phase in May '94. In the first phase, it manufactures 33 lac pa of chokes, 36 lac pa of electrical accessories and 6 lac pa of luminaires at Bombay and Vapi. In the second the company proposes to manufacture GLS Lamps and energy efficient HPSV Lamps at Vapi with a capacity to produce 26.9 mln pcs pa of GLS Lamps and 2.74 lac pcs pa of HPSV Lamps in technical and financial collaboration with OY-AIRAM AB of FINLAND. For the above, the company came up with a public issue of Rs 4.95 cr in 1994-95. The company has acquired building at Bombay and has also acquired land and buildings at Vapi from Crown Wire Industries Pvt Ltd.