NOTICE TO SHAREHOLDERS
NOTICE is hereby given that the TWENTY FIRST ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of theshareholders of the Company will be held on Thursday, 26th July 2012 at 3.00 P.M. totransact the following business.
1. To receive, consider and adopt the Audited Profit & Loss Account for the yearending 31st March 2012 and the Balance Sheet as at that date together with the Report ofthe Directors and the Auditors thereon.
2. To declare a dividend on the Equity Shares of the company.
3. To appoint a Director in place of Shri. V M Swami, who retires by rotation and iseligible for reappointment.
4. To appoint a Director in place of Shri. Harish P Rajdev, who retires by rotation andis eligible for reappointment.
5. To appoint Auditors and fix their remuneration.
6. Appointment of Director
To consider and if thought fit, to pass with or without modification(s) the followingresolution as an ORDINARY RESOLUTION:
"RESOLVED THAT pursuant to the provisions of section 257 and all other applicableprovisions if any, of the Companies Act 1956, Shri. Jagadish Gopal, who was appointed bythe Board of Directors as an Additional Director of the company under Section 260 of theCompanies Act 1956 to hold office up to the ensuing Annual General Meeting and in respectof whom the Company has received a notice in writing from a member proposing hiscandidature for the office of the Director be and is hereby appointed as a Director,liable to retire by rotation under the Articles of Association of the Company"
1. A MEMBER WHO IS ENTITLED TO ATTEND AND VOTE IS ENTITLED TO APPOINT A PROXY TO ATTENDAND VOTE INSTEAD OF HIMSELF AND A PROXY NEED NOT BE A MEMBER
2. PROXIES IN ORDER TO BE EFFECTIVE MUST BE DEPOSITED ATTHE REGISTERED OFFICE OF THECOMPANY AT 29, WHITES ROAD, SECOND FLOOR, ROYAPETTAH, CHENNAI-600 014 NOT LESS THAN 48HOURS BEFORE HOLDING THE MEETING
3. Members are requested to contact the Registrar and Transfer Agents for all mattersrelating to Company's shares at: Cameo Corporate Services Limited,
No. 1, Club House Road, 5th Floor,
Subramanian Building, Chennai - 600 002,
Phone: 044-2846 0390/1832 Fax: 044-2846 0129.
4. Pursuant to Section 173(2) of the Companies Act 1956 the relative ExplanatoryStatement in respect of the above resolution is enclosed.
5. All Documents referred to in the Notice and the Explanatory Statement are open forinspection at the Registered Office of the Company during office hours on all working daysexcept holidays between 11.00 AM and 1.00 PM up to the date of Annual General Meeting.
6. The Register of Members of the company will remain closed from 25th June 2012 to 4thJuly 2012. (both days inclusive)
7. To prevent fraudulent transactions, members are advised to exercise due diligenceand notify the Company any change in address/ stay abroad or demise of any Shareholder assoon as possible. Members are also advised not to leave their demat accounts dormant for along period. Periodic statement of holdings should be obtained from the concernedDepository Participant and holdings should be verified.
8. Details under clause 49 of the Listing Agreement with the Stock Exchanges in respectof Directors seeking appointment or re-appointment at the Annual General Meeting areannexed hereto. The
Directors seeking appointment or re-appointment have furnished the declaration underthe Companies (Disqualification of Directors under section 274 (1) (g) of the CompaniesAct, 1956) Rules 2003.
By Order of the Board
For SURANA CORPORATION LIMITED
|Place: Chennai ||SHANTILALSURANA |
|Date: 22.05.2012 ||CHAIRMAN |