ALSO READOne return a month, not 3; rates lower than VAT: Adhia busts 7 GST myths GST return filing: Excel sheet format to come on June 25 Retailers will file single GST return every month: Hasmukh Adhia Selling GST: How Modi govt spread the message and eased concerns Return timelines extended: India Inc gets GST filing breather for 2 months
|Revised Return Timelines|
|20th August, 2017||1st - 5th September, 2017||6th - 10th September, 2017|
|August 2017||20th September, 2017||16th - 20th September, 2017||21st - 25th September, 2017|
Form GSTR-3B consists of 6 tables in all, each requiring a specific detail. Let’s go through them one by one:
- Outward Taxable Supplies other Zero Rate, Nil Rate and Exempted
- Outward Taxable Supplies (Zero Rated)
- Outward Supplies towards Nil Rated and Exempted
- Inward Supplies liable to be paid on reverse charge basis
- Non-GST Outward Supplies
- Interstate supplies made to Unregistered Persons
- Interstate supplies made to Composition Dealers
- Interstate supplies made to UIN Holders
ITC Available (Whether in Full or Part): You need to provide the break-up of the following inward supplies on which the ITC was availed:
- Import of Goods: Tax credit of IGST paid on import of goods.
- Import of Service: Tax credit of IGST paid on import of services.
- Inward supplies liable to reverse charge: You need to capture the ITC of GST paid on inward supplies liable for reverse charge, such as, sponsorship services, purchase from URD, and so on, other than import of goods or services.
- Inward Supplies from ISD: Input tax credit received from Input Service Distributor (ISD).
- All other ITC: Apart from above, ITC of other inward supplies has to be captured here.
- ITC Reversed: You need to provide the ITC reversible on usage of inputs / input services / capital goods used for non-business purpose, or partly used for exempt supplies. Also, if the depreciation is claimed on tax component of capital goods, plant and machinery - then the ITC will not be allowed. Such reversals needs to be captured in this table.
- Eligible ITC: Can be calculated by deducting ITC Reversed from ITC Available
- Ineligible ITC: You need to provide the details of GST paid on inward supplies listed in negative list, which are not eligible to fetch input tax credit.
- Supplies from composition dealers, exempt and nil-rated inward supplies
- Non-GST inward supplies.
- Tax paid through ITC (CGST, SGST / UTGST, IGST & Cess)
- Tax paid TDS / TCS
- Tax / Cess paid in Cash
- Interest & Late Fees