Should the SPG Act be modified to provide security to PM candidates like Modi?
Narendra Modi is not the Prime Minister. Not yet at least. Yet he sought Special Protection Group security, which is the kind usually reserved for the top job in the country. Is Modi's demand justified, given that his life is at risk from bomb attacks of the kind that targetted his 'hunkar' rally? Or is is he just making too much of a fuss in order to boost his image? We look forward to your responses.
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2017 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard