Amit Mitra, secretary-general of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Ficci), has criticised the government for its inability to push through reforms which are politically sensitive and could affect existing vote banks.Speaking to Business Standard, Mitra said: "The labour reforms measures promised by finance minister Yashwant Sinha in the Budget are yet to be notified and i
Subscribe To Insights
What do you get on Business Standard Premium?
Opt for auto renewal and save Rs 300
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.