The impending merger between Tata Coffee (TCL) and Tata Consumer Products (TCPL) has presented an exciting arbitrage opportunity for traders. Considering the current prices of the two stocks and swap ratios, investors can pocket a spread of up to 4 per cent, observes a note by IIFL Securities.
To streamline business operations, Tata Group in March 2022 announced a merger between TCL and TCPL. Following the effectiveness of the scheme, the shareholders of TCL (other than TCPL) as on record date will receive three equity shares of TCPL for every 10 equity shares held in TCL. This will be done following the issuance of one equity share of TCPL for every 22 equity shares of Tata Coffee, in consideration for the demerger and 14 equity shares of TCPL for every 55 equity shares of Tata Coffee.
Shares of TCL are currently hovering over Rs 216 per share, while those of TCPL are at Rs 750. In other words, one can get exposure to TCPL (Rs 750 multipl
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.