Nationwide raids to arrest thousands of members of undocumented families have been scheduled to begin Sunday, according to two current and one former homeland security officials, moving forward with a rapidly changing operation, the final details of which remain in flux. The operation, backed by President Trump, had been postponed, partly because of resistance among officials at his own immigration agency. The raids, which will be conducted by Immigration and Customs Enforcement over multiple days, will include “collateral” deportations, according to the officials, who spoke on ...
- Donald Trump planting seeds of doubt in legitimacy of election: Joe Biden
- Donald Trump to far-right extremists: 'Stand back and stand by'
- World reacts with surprise, worry to 1st Biden-Trump presidential debate
- Trump versus Biden: Yelling, shouting as chaos reins in presidential debate
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan calls for speedy deportation of Nawaz Sharif
- US Presidential elections 2020: Biden says he would represent all Americans
- Florida Democrats post substantial lead in mail-in ballot requests
- Trump vs Biden: How does early voting work in the US presidential election?
- Pelosi, Mnuchin hope for Covid relief as Democrats mull new stimulus Bill
- Iraq hopes US 'reconsiders' embassy closure in Baghdad, warns of danger
First Published: Fri, July 12 2019. 01:36 IST