The Rs 40-billion initial public offer (IPO) of ICICI Securities' equity failed to garner full subscription. The 44 million share offer from the country's largest broking outfit got bids for 34.5 million shares, worth about Rs 18 billion.
After allotting Rs 17.2 billion of shares to anchor investors, the IPO plan was to mop another Rs 23 billion.
This was despite a list of marquee investment banks handling the issue. Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citibank, CLSA, Edelweiss, IIFL, SBI Capital and ICICI Securities were lead managers.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.