Logo


Girl consumes chocolate laced with tiny battery, light

A nine-year-old girl took ill after consuming a chocolate laced with a tiny battery and a light.

Jayashikha, a fourth standard student, residing near here swallowed the chocolate offered by her parent on Sunday evening and later complained of severe stomach pain, family sources said.

She was taken to the Coimbatore Medical College Hospital where a scan revealed the presence of the battery in the stomach. She was being treated and kept under observation, sources in the hospital said.