- Deep Dive with AKB: Modi govt's GDP maths thrown out of gear. What next?
- Crisis growing as GDP data signals weakening demand, growth impulses
- Markets were expecting a rate cut; onus now on banks to pass on the benefit
- Govt should have acted like a driver to pull the economy out of the mess
- Deep Dive with AKB: Govt's Rs 20-trn package to fight Covid-19 slump
- Stimulus good for sustenance, but supply chains need more for resilience
- Details show direct fiscal costs of stimulus measures won't be large
- Of Modi's four 'Ls' of production, FM Sitharaman focused on liquidity
- Crude oil may struggle to top $40/barrel mark despite a glimmer of optimism
- Eight suggestions from Abhijit Banerjee to revive the Covid-19-hit economy
Economy & Policy Analysis
June 05, 2020, Friday
The coronavirus pandemic, which has had nearly the entire world in its grips for at least three months now, seems to have thrown ...
May 29, 2020, Friday
India's economy was already slowing down before it entered the Covid-19 year of 2020-21, writes D K Srivastava.
May 22, 2020, Friday
Given the severity of the situation due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the timing of rate transmission holds great significance.
May 18, 2020, Monday
The decriminalisation of Companies Act and ease of doing business are the small mercies bestowed on Corporate India.
May 17, 2020, Sunday
How large Modi's economic package really is? From where will the govt get the money to finance it? Let's take a Deep Dive with ...
May 14, 2020, Thursday
PDS and agriculture markets need reforms to develop superior food quality systems, writes Ajay Kakra.
May 13, 2020, Wednesday
Work from home being a new normal could help in the growth in smaller service sector MSMEs, writes Ranen Banerjee.
May 13, 2020, Wednesday
With the MSME segment contributing to output and providing widespread employment, successfully supporting it is money well spent.
May 12, 2020, Tuesday
S&P Global Platts Analytics estimates gasoline demand destruction in the broader Asian region, excluding China, probably peaked ...
May 05, 2020, Tuesday
Abhijit Banerjee pointed out several measures, including giving temporary ration cards, a bigger stimulus package and providing ...
April 30, 2020, Thursday
Mukesh Ambani needs to balance the ship now; RIL rights issue unattractive
April 28, 2020, Tuesday
Several medical devices like ventilators and masks are in huge demand due to the coronavirus pandemic.
April 23, 2020, Thursday
In the absence of clarity about the impact of this crisis on demand and supply, any measure undertaken presents the possibility ...
April 17, 2020, Friday
In his bid to fight the coronavirus (Covid-19) induced slowdown, the governor has made it clear that he doesn't want banks to ...
March 20, 2020, Friday
In this episode, Business Standard Editorial Director A K Bhattacharya looks at the pandemic and its impact on global supply ...
February 28, 2020, Friday
While the Kerala government has vehemently opposed CAA and NPR and has said that it will not collect data for these, people are ...
February 26, 2020, Wednesday
Govt spending would be a key driver of mild improvement in GDP growth, says ICRA
February 21, 2020, Friday
As trader groups cry foul against them, online majors learn to do business with small companies
February 05, 2020, Wednesday
IBC has had a carrot-and-stick effect - making companies serious about governance and bringing stuck capital back into the ...
January 02, 2020, Thursday
The government's decision to push through controversial political measures as economic challenges rise risks upsetting India's ...