- Arundhati Roy writes on politics of 'perfect majority', 'satanic minority'
- Asia edges up as oil slide slows; pound, euro firm on Brexit optimism
- Nifty outlook and top trading ideas by Prabhudas Lilladher for today
- Modern trade, regional brands gaining momentum in India's FMCG landscape
- Delhi's mega trade fair turns mini, space crunch turns away firms
- PCA norms, NBFC issues to be govt's priorities in Nov 19 RBI meet
- Myntra-Jabong CEO Ananth Narayanan likely to quit after reporting rejig
- How Sebi's stricter guidelines will impact credit rating agencies
- NBFCs tap non-conventional sources, tweak business models for funds
- Sovereign wealth funds tread cautiously; India holdings hit 22-month low
Economy & Policy People
October 01, 2016, Saturday
Sahoo, a financial markets expert, was appointed as IBBI Chairperson for a period of five years last month
August 01, 2016, Monday
Her predecessor Atulesh Jindal, who was appointed CBDT chief in February this year, retired on Sunday
July 29, 2016, Friday
Mital was appointed to the top post in Railways Ministry in place of Arunendra Kumar, who had superannuated on December 31, 2014
July 21, 2016, Thursday
He has been involved with the UIDAI established under the Aadhaar Act and implementation of Aadhaar since September 2010
July 07, 2016, Thursday
Sinha will have to strike a balance between the regulator (TRAI) and the industry on all issues from net neutrality to call drops
January 08, 2016, Friday
The Prime Minister's Office has cleared the top appointment at CCI and the order is expected
September 03, 2015, Thursday
Mehrishi is credited with ushering in labour reforms in Rajasthan
August 20, 2015, Thursday
Ashwani Lohani will be looking at reviving the carrier's financial health, dealing with private competition and HR issues
January 08, 2015, Thursday
Panagariya believes Gujarat's growth model is driven by private entrepreneurship
January 06, 2015, Tuesday
As the head of Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies, Bibek Debroy had ranked Gujarat the top state in terms of ...
January 06, 2015, Tuesday
V K Saraswat, who has been appointed a full-time member of the NITI Aayog, has been one of the most high profile and successful ...
October 16, 2014, Thursday
The govt has appointed Subramanian as the chief economic adviser
July 03, 2014, Thursday
The open pit of Sesa Sterlite iron ore mine in Codli village in Goa on December 9The National Democratic Alliance (NDA) ...
April 30, 2014, Wednesday
'Karl Marx is back from the dead' wrote Ross Douthat in the New York Times Sunday Review about a man called Thomas Piketty. Nobel ...
March 28, 2014, Friday
The agricultural economist explains why he found his brief stint in government exhilarating and eye-opening
February 19, 2014, Wednesday
Getting the middlemen out from between grower and consumer needs other basics.
January 15, 2014, Wednesday
Rajeev Kher, a 1980 batch IAS officer, was today appointed Secretary in the Department of Commerce.
December 18, 2013, Wednesday
Harsh Kumar Bhanwala has taken charge as Chairman of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard).
November 29, 2013, Friday
"If you want to become a millionaire, you buy an airline worth a billion dollars and you become a millionaire."
November 20, 2013, Wednesday
NRI steel baron Lakshmi Mittal's London residential address, Kensington Palace Gardens, is the second most expensive street in ...