Aspinwall & Co. Ltd. is one of the earliest commercial enterprises in the Malabar - Coast of South India established in the year 1867 by the legendary English trader and visionary John H. Aspinwall. In 1867 John H Aspinwall acquired the business of Scott Brothers in 1867 and launched Aspinwall & Company offering a range of shipping services besides carrying on business in timber spices and several other agro products. In 1884 - John H Aspinwall expired and company remained into the hand of his partner W.N. Black. The company became a public limited company with financial participation from the Travancore Royal family in 1956. In 1971 the English Company offered to disinvest its holdings and the Royal family acquired the controlling shares in the Group. In 2002 the company had entered into different sectors of Kerala like information technology tourism and biotechnology. In 2003 the company entered into ITES by setting up a modern international business process outsourcing (BPO) centre at Calvetty.