The Board of Directors of
M/s Bhandari Hosiery Exports Limited
Report on the Standalone Financial Statements
We have audited the accompanying standalone financial statements of Bhandari HosieryExports Limited (the Company) which comprise the Balance Sheet as at 31st March 2018 theStatement of Profit and Loss the Cash Flow Statement for the year then ended and asummary of the significant accounting policies and other explanatory information.
Management's Responsibility for the Financial Statements
The Company s Board of Directors is responsible for the matters stated in Section134(5) of the Companies Act 2013 (the Act) with respect to the preparation of thesestandalone financial statements that give a true and fair view of the financial positionfinancial performance cash flows and changes in equity of the Company in accordance withthe accounting principles generally accepted in India including the Indian AccountingStandards specified under Section 133 of the Act read with Rule 7 of the Companies(Accounts) Rules 2014. This responsibility also includes maintenance of adequateaccounting records in accordance with the provisions of the Act for safeguarding of theassets of the Company and for preventing and detecting frauds and other irregularities;selection and application of appropriate accounting policies; making judgments andestimates that are reasonable and prudent; and design implementation and maintenance ofadequate internal financial controls that were operating effectively for ensuring theaccuracy and completeness of the accounting records relevant to the preparation andpresentation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view and are free frommaterial misstatement whether due to fraud or error.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these financial statements based on ouraudit.
We have taken into account the provisions of the Act the accounting and auditingstandards and matters which are required to be included in the audit report under theprovisions of the Act and the Rules made thereunder.
We conducted our audit in accordance with the Standards on Auditing specified underSection 143(10) of the Act. Those Standards require that we comply with ethicalrequirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whetherthe financial statements are free from material misstatement.
An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts andthe disclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on the auditors judgment including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of thefinancial statements whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessments theauditor considers internal financial control relevant to the Company s preparation of thefinancial statements that give a true and fair view in order to design audit proceduresthat are appropriate in the circumstances. An audit also includes evaluating theappropriateness of the accounting policies used and the reasonableness of the accountingestimates made by the Company s Directors as well as evaluating the overall presentationof the financial statements.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate toprovide a basis for our audit opinion on the standalone financial statements.
In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanationsgiven to us the aforesaid standalone financial statements give the information requiredby the Act in the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with theaccounting principles generally accepted in India of the state of affairs of the Companyas at 31st March 2018 and its profit and its cash flows for the year ended on that date.
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements
1. As required by the Companies (Auditor s Report) Order 2016 (the Order) issued bythe Central Government of India in terms of sub-section (11) of Section 143 of the Act wegive in the Annexure A" a statement on the matters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4of the Order.
2. As required by Section 143 (3) of the Act we report that:
(a) We have sought and obtained all the information and explanations which to the bestof our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purposes of our audit.
(b) In our opinion proper books of account as required by the law have been kept bythe Company so far as it appears from our examination of those books.
(c) The Balance Sheet the Statement of Profit and Loss and the Cash Flow Statementdealt with by this Report are in agreement with the books of account.
(d) In our opinion the aforesaid financial statements comply with the IndianAccounting Standards(Ind AS) specified under Section 133 of the Act read with Rule 7 ofthe Companies (Accounts) Rules 2014.
(e) On the basis of the written representations received from the and taken on recordby the Board of Directors none of the directors is disqualified as on 31st March 2018from being appointed as a director in terms of Section 164 (2) of the Act.
(f) With respect to the adequacy of the internal financial controls over financialreporting of the Company and the operating effectiveness of such controls refer to ourseparate Report in "Annexure B".
(g) With respect to the other matters to be included in the Auditor s Report inaccordance with Rule 11 of the Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules 2014 in our opinionand to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us:
i. The Company has disclosed the impact of pending litigations on its financialposition in its financial statements Refer Note 2 to the financial statements;
ii. The Company did not have any long-term contracts including derivative contracts forwhich there were any material foreseeable losses;
iii. There were no amounts which were required to be transferred to the InvestorEducation and Protection Fund by the Company.
iv. The Company has provided requisite disclosures in the financial statements as toholdings as well as dealings in Specified Bank Notes during the period from 8th November2016 to 30th December 2016. Based on audit procedures and relying on the managementrepresentation we report that the disclosures are in accordance with books of accountmaintained by the Company and as produced to us by the Management Refer Note No 13 . tothe standalone financial statements.
For Krishan Goel & Associates.
Membership No. 091621
Date : 29.05.2018
"ANNEXURE A" TO THE INDEPENDENT AUDITORS' REPORT
Referred to in paragraph 1 under the heading Report on Other Legal & RegulatoryRequirement of our report of even date to the financial statements of the Company for theyear ended March 31 2018:
1) (a) The Company has maintained proper records showing full particulars includingquantitative details and situation of fixed assets.
(b) The Fixed Assets have been physically verified by the management in a phasedmanner designed to cover all the items over a period of three years which in ouropinion is reasonable having regard to the size of the company and nature of itsbusiness. Pursuant to the program a portion of the fixed asset has been physicallyverified by the management during the year and no material discrepancies between the booksrecords and the physical fixed assets have been noticed.
(c) The title deeds of immovable properties are held in the name of the company.
2) (a) The management has conducted the physical verification of inventory atreasonable intervals.
(b) No discrepancies have been noticed on physical verification of the inventory ascompared to books records
3) The Company has not granted any loans secured or unsecured to companies firmsLimited Liability partnerships or other parties covered in the Register maintained undersection 189 of the Act. Accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (iii) (a) to (c) of theOrder are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
4) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us thecompany has complied with the provisions of section 185 and I86 of the Companies Act 2013In respect of loans investments guarantees and security.
5) The Company has not accepted any deposits from the public and hence the directivesissued by the Reserve Bank of India and the provisions of Sections 73 to 76 or any otherrelevant provisions of the Act and the Companies (Acceptance of Deposit) Rules 2015 withregard to the deposits accepted from the public are not applicable.
6) We have broadly reviewed the books of account maintained by the Company pursuant tothe rules made by the Central Government for the maintenance of cost records under Section148(1)of the Companies Act 2013 related to the manufacture of products and are of theopinion that prima facie the prescribed accounts and records have been made andmaintained. We have not however made a detailed examination of the same.
7) (a) According to information and explanations given to us and on the basis of ourexamination of the books of account and records the Company has been generally regularin depositing undisputed statutory dues including Provident Fund Employees StateInsurance Income-Tax Sales tax Service Tax Duty of Customs Duty of Excise Valueadded Tax Cess and any other statutory dues with the appropriate authorities. Accordingto the information and explanations given to us no undisputed amounts payable in respectof the above were in arrears as at March 31 2018 for a period of more than six monthsfrom the date on when they become payable.
(b) According to the information and explanation given to us there are no dues ofincome tax sales tax service tax duty of customs duty of excise value added taxoutstanding on account of any dispute.
8) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us theCompany has not defaulted in the repayment of dues to banks. The company has raised termloans from the banks. The Company has not taken any loan either from financialinstitutions or from the government and has not issued any debentures.
9) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations givenby the management.
a) The company has not raised moneys by way of initial public offer or further publicoffer including debt instruments. Accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (ix) of theOrder are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
b) The company has raised term loans from the banks for installation of machinery.
10) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management we report that no fraud by the Company or on the company by itsofficers or employees has been noticed or reported during the year.
11) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the managerial remuneration has been paid or provided inaccordance with the requisite approvals mandated by the provisions of section 197 readwith Schedule V to the Companies Act;
12) In our opinion the Company is not a Nidhi Company. Therefore the provisions ofclause 3 (xii) of the Order are not applicable to the Company.
13) In our opinion all transactions with the related parties are in compliance withsection 177 and 188 of Companies Act 2013 and the details have been disclosed in theFinancial Statements as required by the applicable Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS).
14) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the company has not made any preferential allotment or privateplacement of shares or fully or partly convertible debentures during the year underreview.
15) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the company has not entered into any non-cash transactions withdirectors or persons connected with him. Accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (xv) ofthe Order are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
16) In our opinion the company is not required to be registered under section 45 IA ofthe Reserve Bank of India Act 1934 and accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (xvi) ofthe Order are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
For Krishan Goel & Associates
Membership No. 091621
Date : 29.05.2018
"ANNEXURE B" TO THE INDEPENDENT AUDITOR'S REPORT OF EVEN DATE ON THEFINANCIAL STATEMENTS OF BHANDARI HOSIERY EXPORTS LTD (Report on the Internal FinancialControls under Clause (i) of Sub-section 3 of Section 143 of the Companies Act 2013("the Act"))
We have audited the internal financial controls over financial reporting of BhandariHosiery Exports Limited as of March 31 2018 in conjunction with our audit of thestandalone financial statements of the Company for the year ended on that date.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on the Company's internal financialcontrols over financial reporting based on our audit. We conducted our audit in accordancewith the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting(the Guidance Note) and the Standards on Auditing issued by ICAI and deemed to beprescribed under section 143(10) of the Companies Act 2013 to the extent applicable toan audit of internal financial controls both applicable to an audit of Internal FinancialControls and both issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. ThoseStandards and the Guidance Note require that we comply with ethical requirements and planand perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether adequate internalfinancial controls over financial reporting was established and maintained and if suchcontrols operated effectively in all material respects. Our audit involves performingprocedures to obtain audit evidence about the adequacy of the internal financial controlssystem over financial reporting and their operating effectiveness. Our audit of internalfinancial controls over financial reporting included obtaining an understanding ofinternal financial controls over financial reporting assessing the risk that a materialweakness exists and testing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness ofinternal control based on the assessed risk. The procedures selected depend on the auditors judgment including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of thefinancial statements whether due to fraud or error. We believe that the audit evidence wehave obtained is sufficient and appropriate to provide a basis for our audit opinion onthe Company s internal financial controls system over financial reporting.
Meaning of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting
A company's internal financial control over financial reporting is a process designedto provide reasonable assurance regarding the reliability of financial reporting and thepreparation of financial statements for external purposes in accordance with generallyaccepted accounting principles. A company's internal financial control over financialreporting includes those policies and procedures that (1) pertain to the maintenance ofrecords that in reasonable detail accurately and fairly reflect the transactions anddispositions of the assets of the company; (2) provide reasonable assurance thattransactions are recorded as necessary to permit preparation of financial statements inaccordance with generally accepted accounting principles and that receipts andexpenditures of the company are being made only in accordance with authorizations ofmanagement and directors of the company; and (3) provide reasonable assurance regardingprevention or timely detection of unauthorized acquisition use or disposition of thecompany's assets that could have a material effect on the financial statements.
Inherent Limitations of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting
Because of the inherent limitations of internal financial controls over financialreporting including the possibility of collusion or improper management override ofcontrols material misstatements due to error or fraud may occur and not be detected.Also projections of any evaluation of the internal financial controls over financialreporting to future periods are subject to the risk that the internal financial controlover financial reporting may become inadequate because of changes in conditions or thatthe degree of compliance with the policies or procedures may deteriorate.
In our opinion the Company has in all material respects an adequate internalfinancial controls system over financial reporting and such internal financial controlsover financial reporting were operating effectively as at March 31 2018 based on theinternal control over financial reporting criteria established by the Company consideringthe essential components of internal control stated in the Guidance Note on Audit ofInternal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting issued by the Institute of CharteredAccountants of India
We also have audited in accordance with the Indian Accounting Standards issued by theInstitute of Chartered Accountants of India as specified under Section 143(10) of theAct the financial statements of Company which comprise the Balance Sheet as at March 312018 and the related Statement of Profit and Loss and Cash Flow Statement for the yearthen ended and a summary of significant accounting policies and other explanatoryinformation and our report dated May 27 2018 expressed an unqualified opinion thereon.
For Krishan Goel & Associates
Membership No. 091621
Date : 29.05.2018