Incorporated in Jun.'84 as a private limited company, The Dhar Textile Mills became a public limited company in Apr.'94. It was promoted by Yugal Kishore Jajoo, Pankaj Jajoo and Suresh Chand Baheti. In 1985-86, the company set up an open-end spinning unit at Pithampur, Madhya Pradesh. Commercial production commenced in 1990-91. During the same year, it increased the number of rotors from 640 to 1936 to produce finer counts, increasing the capacity to 3600 tpa. The company manufactures coarse cotton yarn used in industrial and apparel fabrics. In 1995, the company implemented a project to manufacture processed heavy cotton fabric at Pologround Industrial Estate, Indore. It came out with a public issue in May '95 to part-finance this project. The main plant and machinery were imported from Belgium. The Export Excellence Award was awarded to the company by the Madhya Pradesh Importers & Exporters Association in 1994. It entered the export market in 1992 and exports to Srilanka, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Thailand and the Gulf countries.