Incorporated as a private limited company on 25 Jun.'87, Hitkari China was converted into a public limited company on 14 Jun.'94. A member of the Hitkari group, the company commenced operations in Jun.'87 as an export trading company engaged in the export of bone china tableware products to the US. The company ventured into manufacturing of bone china products in 1994. It entered into an agreement in Aug.'94 with Hitkari Potteries (HPL), to take on lease and operate its bone china manufacturing unit located at Faridabad, Haryana, with an installed capacity of 1250 tpa. The capacity further increased to 1500 TPA. The company made a reference to BIFR as the networth of the company was fully eroded.