Incorporated on 15 Aug.'07, The Jamshri Ranjitsinghji Spinning & Weaving Mills was originally promoted by Lalji Naranji, Gopal Kalyanji and Associates. In 1955, controlling interests were acquired by the Damani family and it is managed by Chairman P R Damani. In Oct.'93, the company came out with a public issue (premium: Rs 90) aggregating Rs 10.52 cr to part-finance the company's modernisation drive totalling Rs 28.02 cr. At present, it manufactures cotton and blended yarn/fabric and trades internationally in dyes and chemicals. It is also in the real estate business, income from which is very marginal. The company is a recognised Export House and 46% of its turnover comes through exports of cotton yarn and merchant exports. It is the winner of the Synthetic & Rayon Export Promotion Council award for 1989-90 and 1990-91. The company has received ISO 9002 certification during 1998-99. As the networth was fully eroded the company has made a reference to BIFR for a rehabilitation package.