Independent Auditors Report
The Members of
N.D Metals Industries Limited
Report on the Financial Statements
We have audited the accompanying financial statements of N.D Metals IndustriesLimited ("the Company") which comprise the Balance Sheet as at 31stMarch 2018 the Statement of Profit and Loss (including Other Comprehensive Income)the Statement of Changes in Equity and the Statement of Cash Flows for the year thenended and a summary of the significant accounting policies and other explanatoryinformation.
Managements Responsibility for the Financial Statements
The Companys Board of Directors is responsible for the matters stated in Section134(5) of the Companies Act 2013 ("the Act") with respect to the preparation ofthese financial statements that give a true and fair view of the financial position andfinancial performance including other comprehensive income cash flows and changes inequity of the Company in accordance with the Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS)prescribed under Section 133 of the Act read with Companies (Indian Accounting Standards)Rules 2015 as amended and other accounting principles generally accepted in India.
This responsibility also includes maintenance of adequate accounting records inaccordance with the provisions of the Act for safeguarding of the assets of the Companyand for preventing and detecting frauds and other irregularities; selection andapplication of appropriate accounting policies; making judgments and estimates that arereasonable and prudent; and design implementation and maintenance of adequate internalfinancial controls that were operating effectively for ensuring the accuracy andcompleteness of the accounting records relevant to the preparation and presentation ofthe financial statements that give a true and fair view and are free from materialmisstatement whether due to fraud or error.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these financial statements based on ouraudit In conducting our audit we have taken into account the provisions of the Act theaccounting and auditing standards and matters which are required to be included in theaudit report under the provisions of the Act and the Rules made there under and the orderissued under section 143(11) of the Act.
We conducted our audit of the standalone financial statement in accordance with theStandards on Auditing specified under Section 143(10) of the Act. Those Standards requirethat we comply with ethical requirements and plan and perform the audit to obtainreasonable assurance about whether the financial statements are free from materialmisstatement.
An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts andthe disclosures in the financial statements. The procedures selected depend on theauditors judgment including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement ofthe financial statements whether due to fraud or error. In making those risk assessmentsthe auditor considers internal financial control relevant to the Companyspreparation of the financial statements that give a true and fair view in order to designaudit procedures that are appropriate in the circumstances. An audit also includesevaluating the appropriateness of the accounting policies used and the reasonableness ofthe accounting estimates made by the Companys Directors as well as evaluating theoverall presentation of the financial statements.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate toprovide a basis for our audit opinion on the financial statements.
In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanationsgiven to us the aforesaid financial statements give the information required by the Actin the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with the accountingprinciples generally accepted in India of the state of affairs of the Company as at 31stMarch 2018 and its Profit total comprehensive income and changes in equity and its CashFlow for the year ended on that date.
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements
1. As required by Section 143 (3) of the Act we report that:
(a) We have sought and obtained all the information and explanations which to the bestof our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purposes of our audit.
(b) In our opinion proper books of account as required by law have been kept by theCompany so far as it appears from our examination of those books.
(c) The Balance Sheet the Statement of Profit and Loss including Other ComprehensiveIncome Statement of Changes in Equity and the Statement Cash Flow dealt with by thisReport are in agreement with the books of account.
(d) In our opinion the aforesaid financial statements comply with the IndianAccounting Standards specified under Section 133 of the Act.
(e) On the basis of the written representations received from the directors as on 31/03/2018taken on record by the Board of Directors none of the directors is disqualified as 31/03/2018from being appointed as a director in terms of Section 164 (2) of the Act.
(f) With respect to the adequacy of the internal financial controls over financialreporting of the Company and the operating effectiveness of such controls refer to ourseparate report in "Annexure A"
(g) With respect to the other matters to be included in the Auditors Report inaccordance with Rule 11 of the Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules 2014 in our opinionand to the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us:
i. There were no pending litigations which would have impacted the financial positionof the Company.
ii. The Company did not have any long-term contracts including derivative contracts forwhich there were any material foreseeable losses.
iii. There were no amounts which were required to be transferred to the InvestorEducation and Protection Fund by the Company.
2) As required by the Companies (Auditors Report) Order 2016 ("theOrder") as amended issued by the Central Government of India in terms ofsub-section (11) of section 143 of the Act we give in the "Annexure B"statement on the matters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 of the Order to the extentapplicable.
FOR Suvarna & Katdare
Firm Registration No.: 125080W
CA. Ravindra Raju Suvarna
Membership No.: 032007
Date: 30th May 2018.
Annexure - A to the Auditors Report
Report on the Internal Financial Controls under Clause (i) of Sub-section 3 of Section143 of the Companies Act 2013 ("the Act")
We have audited the internal financial controls over financial reporting of N.D MetalsIndustries Limited ("the Company") as of 31 March 2018 in conjunction with ouraudit of the financial statements of the Company for the year ended on that date.
Managements Responsibility for Internal Financial Controls
The Companys management is responsible for establishing and maintaining internalfinancial controls based on the internal control over financial reporting criteriaestablished by the Company considering the essential components of internal control statedin the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls over Financial Reportingissued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). Theseresponsibilities include the design implementation and maintenance of adequate internalfinancial controls that were operating effectively for ensuring the orderly and efficientconduct of its business including adherence to companys policies the safeguardingof its assets the prevention and detection of frauds and errors the accuracy andcompleteness of the accounting records and the timely preparation of reliable financialinformation as required under the Companies Act 2013.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on the Company's internal financialcontrols over financial reporting based on our audit. We conducted our audit in accordancewith the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls over Financial Reporting(the "Guidance Note") and the Standards on Auditing issued by ICAI and deemedto be prescribed under section 143(10) of the Companies Act2013 to the extent applicableto an audit of internal financial controls both applicable to an audit of InternalFinancial Controls and both issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.Those Standards and the Guidance Note require that we comply with ethical requirements andplan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether adequate internalfinancial controls over financial reporting was established and maintained and if suchcontrols operated effectively in all material respects.
Our audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the adequacy ofthe internal financial controls system over financial reporting and their operatingeffectiveness. Our audit of internal financial controls over financial reporting includedobtaining an understanding of internal financial controls over financial reportingassessing the risk that a
material weakness exists and testing and evaluating the design and operatingeffectiveness of internal control based on the assessed risk. The procedures selecteddepend on the auditors judgment including the assessment of the risks of materialmisstatement of the financial statements whether due to fraud or error.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate toprovide a basis for our audit opinion on the Companys internal financial controlssystem over financial reporting.
Meaning of Internal Financial Controls over Financial Reporting
A company's internal financial control over financial reporting is a process designedto provide reasonable assurance regarding the reliability of financial reporting and thepreparation of financial statements for external purposes in accordance with generallyaccepted accounting principles. A company's internal financial control over financialreporting includes those policies and procedures that;
(1) Pertain to the maintenance of records that in reasonable detail accurately andfairly reflect the transactions and dispositions of the assets of the company;
(2) Provide reasonable assurance that transactions are recorded as necessary to permitpreparation of financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accountingprinciples and that receipts and expenditures of the company are being made only inaccordance with authorisations of management and directors of the company; and
(3) Provide reasonable assurance regarding prevention or timely detection ofunauthorised acquisition use or disposition of the company's assets that could have amaterial effect on the financial statements.
Inherent Limitations of Internal Financial Controls over Financial Reporting
Because of the inherent limitations of internal financial controls over financialreporting including the possibility of collusion or improper management override ofcontrols material misstatements due to error or fraud may occur and not be detected.Also projections of any evaluation of the internal financial controls over financialreporting to future periods are subject to the risk that the internal financial controlover financial reporting may become inadequate because of changes in conditions or thatthe degree of compliance with the policies or procedures may deteriorate.
In our opinion the Company has in all material respects an adequate internalfinancial controls system over financial reporting and such internal financial controlsover financial reporting were operating effectively as at 31 March 2018 based on theinternal control over financial reporting criteria established by the Company consideringthe essential components of internal control stated in the Guidance Note on Audit ofInternal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting issued by the Institute of CharteredAccountants of India.
FOR Suvarna & Katdare Chartered Accountants Firm Registration No.: 125080W
CA.Ravindra Raju Suvarna Partner
Membership No.: 032007
Place: Mumbai Date: 30th May 2018.
"Annexure B" to the Independent Auditors Report
Referred to in paragraph 2 under the heading Report on Other Legal &Regulatory Requirement of our report of even date to the financial statements of theCompany for the year ended March 31 2018:
1) a)The Company has maintained proper records showing full particulars includingquantitative details and situation of fixed assets;
b) The Fixed Assets have been physically verified by the Management during the year andno material discrepancies between the books records and the physical fixed assets havebeen noticed.
c) The title deeds of immovable properties are held in the name of the company.
2) a) The management has conducted the physical verification of inventory of WIP atreasonable intervals.
b) There are no discrepancies noticed on physical verification of the inventory ascompared to books records.
3) The Company has not granted any loans secured or unsecured to companies firmsLimited Liability partnerships or other parties covered in the Register maintained undersection 189 of the Act. Accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (iii) (a) to (C) of theOrder are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
4) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us thecompany has complied with the provisions of section 185 and I86 of the Companies Act 2013In respect of loans investments guarantees and security.
5) The Company has not accepted any deposits from the public and hence the directivesissued by the Reserve Bank of India and the provisions of Sections 73 to 76 or any otherrelevant provisions of the Act and the Companies (Acceptance of Deposit) Rules 2015 withregard to the deposits accepted from the public are not applicable.
6) As informed to us the maintenance of Cost Records has not been specified by theCentral Government under sub-section (1) of Section 148 of the Act in respect of theactivities carried on by the company.
7) (a) According to information and explanations given to us and on the basis of ourexamination of the books of account and records the Company has been generally regularin depositing undisputed statutory dues including Provident Fund Employees StateInsurance Income-Tax Sales tax Service Tax Duty of Customs Duty of Excise Valueadded Tax Cess and any other statutory dues with the appropriate authorities. Accordingto the information and explanations given to us no undisputed amounts payable in respectof the above were in arrears as at March 31 2018 for a period of more than six monthsfrom the date on when they become payable.
b) According to the information and explanation given to us there are no dues ofincome tax sales tax service tax duty of customs duty of excise value added taxoutstanding on account of any dispute.
8) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us theCompany has not defaulted in the repayment of dues to banks. The Company has not taken anyloan either from financial institutions or from the government and has not issued anydebentures.
9) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations givenby the management the company has not raised moneys by way of initial public offer orfurther public offer including debt instruments and term Loans. Accordingly theprovisions of clause 3 (ix) of the Order are not applicable to the Company and hence notcommented upon.
10) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management we report that no fraud by the Company or on the company by itsofficers or employees has been noticed or reported during the year.
11) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the managerial remuneration has been paid or provided inaccordance with the requisite approvals mandated by the provisions of section 197 readwith Schedule V to the Companies Act;
12) In our opinion the Company is not a Nidhi Company. Therefore the provisions ofclause 4 (xii) of the Order are not applicable to the Company.
13) In our opinion all transactions with the related parties are in compliance withsection 177 and 188 of Companies Act 2013 and the details have been disclosed in theFinancial Statements as required by the applicable accounting standards.
14) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the company has not made any preferential allotment or privateplacement of shares or fully or partly convertible debentures during the year underreview. Accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (xiv) of the Order are not applicable tothe Company and hence not commented upon.
15) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the company has not entered into any non-cash transactions withdirectors or persons connected with him and hence provisions of the Companies Act 2013are not applicable to the Company.
16) In our opinion the company is not required to be registered under section 45 IA ofthe Reserve Bank of India Act 1934
FOR Suvarna & Katdare
Firm Registration No.: 125080W
CA.Ravindra Raju Suvarna
Membership No.: 032007
Date: 30th May 2018.