SEAGULL LEAFIN LIMITED
ANNUAL REPORT 2004-2005
the Members of
SEAGULL LEAFIN LIMITED
We have audited the attached Balance Sheet of SEAGULL LEAFIN LIMITED as at
31st March 2005 and also the Profit and Loss Account for the year ended on
that date annexed thereto and the Cash Flow Statement for the year ended on
that date. These financial statements are the responsibility of the
Company's management. Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these
financial statements based on our audit.
We conducted our audit in accordance with the Auditing Standards generally
accepted in India. Those standards require that we plan and perform the
audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the financial statements
are free of material misstatement. An audit includes examining, on a test
basis, evidence supporting the amounts and disclosures in financial
statements. An audit also includes assessing the accounting principles used
and significant estimates made by the management, as well as evaluating the
overall financial statement presentation. We believe that our audit
provides a reasonable basis for our opinion.
We report as follows:
1. As required by the Companies (Auditor's Report) Order, 2003 issued by
the Central Government of India in terms of Section 227(4A) of the
Companies Act, 1956, we enclose in the Annexure a statement on the matters
specified in paragraphs 4 and 5 of the said Order.
2. Further to our comments in the Annexure referred to in paragraph 1
a) We have obtained all the information and explanations, which to the best
of our knowledge and belief were necessary for the purposes of our audit.
b) In our opinion, proper books of account as required by law have been
kept by the Company so far as appears from our examination of the books.
c) The Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Account dealt with by this report
are in agreement with the books of account.
d) In our opinion, the Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account & Cash Flow
Statement dealt with by this report comply with the Accounting Standards
referred to in sub-section (3C) of section 211 of the Companies Act, 1956.
e) On the basis of written representation received from the Directors as on
31st March, 2005, and taken on record by the Board of directors, we report
that none of the directors are disqualified as on 31st March, 2005 from
being appointed as Directors in terms of clause (g) of sub-section-(1) of
section 274 of the Companies Act, 1956.
f) In our opinion and to the beast of our information and according to the
explanations given to us, the said accounts read together with the
Company's Accounting policies and notes thereto, give the information
required by the Companies Act, 1956, in the manner so required, and give a
true and fair view in conformity with the accounting principles generally
accepted in India;
(i) in the case of the Balance Sheet, of the State of Affairs of the
Company as on 31st March, 2005;
(ii) in the case of the Profit and Loss Account, of the profit of the
Company for the year ended on that date.
V. S. PARAB & ASSOCIATES
Place : Mumbai
Date : 08/08/2005
Annexure to Auditors Report
(Referred t o in paragraph i of our report of even date)
1. (a) The Company has maintained proper records showing full particulars
including quantitative details and situation of fixed assets on the basis
of information available.
(b) According to the information and explanation given to us, the fixed
assets have been physically verified by the management during the year in a
phased periodical manner, which in our opinion is reasonable, having regard
to the size of the company and nature of the assets. No material
discrepancies were noticed on such verification.
(c) The Company has not disposed off any substantial/major part of fixed
2. The company has neither granted nor-taken any loans, secured or
unsecured to/from companies, firms or other parties as listed in the
register maintained under Section 301 of the Companies Act, 1956.
3. The Company has no inventory during the year under audit.
4. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given
to us, there are adequate internal control procedures commensurate with the
size of the Company and the nature of its business with regard to purchase
of fixed assets.
5. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given
to us, there are no transactions during the year exceeding in value Rs.5
lakhs in respect of any party, which need to be, entered in the register
maintained under section 301 of the Companies Act, 1956.
6. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given
to us, the company has not accepted deposits from the public and therefore,
the provisions of Section 58A and 58AA of the Companies Act, 1956 and rules
there under are not applicable to the company.
7. In our opinion the company has an internal audit system commensurate
with it size and' the nature of its business.
8. Maintenance of cost records under Section 209(1) (d) of the Companies
Act, 1956 are applicable to the company.
9. Provisions relating to Provident Fund and Employees State Insurance are
not applicable to the company. There has been some delay in depositing
statutory dues relating to TDS with the appropriate authorities.
10. The company does not have Accumulated Losses as at 31st March, 2005.
11. No loans have been taken from Banks / Financial Institutions during the
year under audit.
12. According to the information and explanations given to us, the company
has not granted any loans and advance on the basis of security by way of
pledge of shares, debentures and other securities.
13. The provisions of any Special Statute applicable to a chit fund, nidhi
or Mutual fund benefit/societies are not applicable to the company.
14. The Company's main business is dealing or trading in shares,
securities, debentures and other investments.
15. According to the information and explanations given to us, the Company
has not given any guarantee for loans taken by others from banks and
16. No term loans has been availed by the company during the year under
17. On the basis of an overall examination of the financial statements of
the company, there oar no funds raised on a short term basis which have
been used for long term investment and vice versa.
18. The company has not made any preferential allotment of shares during
the year to any party.
19. The company has not issued any debentures during the year.
20. The Company has not raised any money by public issues during the year.
21. To the best of our knowledge and belief and according to the
information and explanations given to us, no fraud on or by the company has
been noticed or reported during the year.
V. S. PARAB & ASSOCIATES
Place : Mumbai
Date : 08.08.2005