TO THE MEMBERS OF STURDY INDUSTRIES LIMITED
Report on the Ind As financial statements
We have audited the accompanying Ind AS financial statements of Sturdy IndustriesLimited("the Company") which comprise the Balance Sheet as at March 312018 the Statement of Profit and Loss(including Other comprehensives Income) Cash FlowStatement and the statement of changes in equity for the year then ended and a summary ofsignificant accounting policies and other explanatory information.
Management's Responsibility for the Ind AS financial statements
The Company's Board of Directors is responsible for the matters stated in Section134(5) of the Companies
Act 2013 ("the Act") with respect to the preparation of these Ind Asfinancial statements that give a true and fair view of the financial position financialperformance(including Other comprehensives Income) cash flows and change in equity of theCompany in accordance with the accounting principles generally accepted in Indiaincluding the Indian Accounting Standards specified in the companies (Indian AccountingStandards) Rule 2015 ( as amended) under Section 133 of the Act.
This responsibility also includes maintenance of adequate accounting records inaccordance with the provisions of the Act for safeguarding the assets of the Company andfor preventing and detecting frauds and other irregularities; selection and application ofappropriate accounting policies; making judgments and estimates that are reasonable andprudent; and design implementation and maintenance of adequate internal financialcontrols that were operating effectively for ensuring the accuracy and completeness ofthe accounting records relevant to the preparation and presentation of the Ind ASfinancial statements that give a true and fair view and are free from materialmisstatement whether due to fraud or error.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these Ind AS financial statements basedon our audit. We have taken into account the provisions of the Act and the rules madethere under including the accounting and auditing standards and matters which are requiredto be included in the audit report under the provisions of the Act and the Rulesmadethereunder.
We conducted our audit in accordance with the Standards on Auditing specified underSection 143(10) of the Act and other applicable authoritative pronouncements issued by theICAI. Those Standards require that we comply with ethical requirements and plan andperform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whether the Ind AS financialstatements are free from material misstatement.
An audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the amounts andthe disclosures in the Ind AS financial statements. The procedures selected depend on theauditor's judgment including the assessment of the risks of material misstatement of theInd AS financial statements whether due to fraud or error. In making those riskassessments the auditor considers internal financial control relevant to the
Company's preparation of the Ind AS financial statements that give a true and fair viewin order to design audit procedures that are appropriate in the circumstances but not forthe purpose of expressing an opinion on whether the Company has in place an adequateinternal financial controls system over financial reporting and the operatingeffectiveness of such controls. An audit also includes evaluating the appropriateness ofthe accounting policies used and the reasonableness of the accounting estimates made bythe Company's Directors as well as evaluating the overall presentation of the Ind ASfinancial statements.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate toprovide a basis for our audit opinion on the Ind AS financial statements
In our opinion and to the best of our information and according to the explanationsgiven to us the aforesaid Ind AS financial statements give the information required bythe Act in the manner so required and give a true and fair view in conformity with theaccounting principles generally accepted in India of the state of affairs of the Companyas at March 31 2018 and its total comprehensive income(comprising of profit and loss andother comprehensives income)its Cash Flow and change in equity for the year ended on thatdate.
The financial information of the Company for the year ended March31 2017 andtransition date opening balance sheet as at 1St April2016 included in theseInd As financial statement are based on the previously issued statutory financialstatements for the years ended March 312017 and Mrach 31 2016 prepared in accordancewith the companies ( Accounting Standards) Rules 2006 ( as amended) which were audited byB. M. Varma and Co Chartered Accountants on which they expressed an unmodified opiniondated May 312017 and May 302016 respectively.The adjustments to those financialstatements for the difference in accounting principles adopted by the Company transitionto the Ind AS have been audited by us.
Our Opinion is not modified in respect of these matters
Report on Other Legal and Regulatory Requirements
1. As required by the Companies (Auditor's Report) Order 2016 ("the Order")as amended issued by the
Central Government of India in terms of sub-section (11) of section 143 of the Act wegive in the "Annexure A" a statement on the matters specified inparagraphs 3 and 4 of the Order.
2. As required by section 143 (3) of the Act we report that: a. we have sought andobtained all the information and explanations which to the best of our knowledge andbelief were necessary for the purpose of our audit;
b. in our opinion proper books of account as required by law have been kept by theCompany so far as it appears from our examination of those books; c. the Balance Sheetthe Statement of Profit and Loss( including other comprehensive income) and the Cash FlowStatement and the statement of Change in equity dealt with by this Report are in agreementwith the books of account
d. in our opinion the aforesaid Ind AS financial statements comply with the AccountingStandards specified under section 133 of the Act read with relevant rules issuedthereunder.
e. On the basis of written representations received from the directors as on March 312018 taken on record by the Board of Directors none of the directors is disqualified ason March 31 2018 from being appointed as a director in terms of Section 164 (2) of theAct. f. With respect to the adequacy of the internal financial controls over financialreporting of the
Company and the operating effectiveness of such controls refer to our separate Reportin
"Annexure B". g. With respect to the other matters to be included in theAuditor's Report in accordance with Rule
11 of the Companies (Audit and Auditors) Rules 2014 (as amended) in our opinion andto the best of our information and according to the explanations given to us: i. The IndAS financial statements disclose the impact of pending litigations on the financialposition of the company. Refer note no 25 to the Ind AS financial statements.
ii. The Company did not have any long-term contracts including derivative contracts forwhich there were any material foreseeable losses.
iii. There were no amounts which were required to be transferred to the InvestorEducation and
Protection Fund by the Company during the year ended March 31 2018.
For and on behalf of
R.K . Deepak & Co
CA Ranjeet Singal
"Annexure A" to the Independent Auditors' Report
Referred to in paragraph 1 under the heading Report on Other Legal &Regulatory Requirement' of our report of even date to the Ind As financial statements ofthe Company for the year ended March 312018:
1) (a) The Company has maintained proper records showing full particulars includingquantitative details and situation of fixed assets; (b) The Fixed Assets have beenphysically verified by the management in a phased manner designed to cover all the itemsover a period of three years which in our opinion is reasonable having regard to thesize of the company and nature of its business. Pursuant to the program a portion of thefixed asset has been physically verified by the management during the year and no materialdiscrepancies between the books records and the physical fixed assets have been noticed.
(c) According to the information and explanation given to us and on the basis of ourexamination of the records of the Company the title deeds of immovable properties areheld in the name of the company.
2) (a) The management has conducted the physical verification of inventory atreasonable intervals.
b) The discrepancies noticed on physical verification of the inventory as compared tobooks records which has been properly dealt with in the books of account were notmaterial.
3) The Company has not granted any loans secured or unsecured to companies firmsLimited Liability partnerships or other parties covered in the Register maintained undersection 189 of the Act. Accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (iii) (a) to (C) of theOrder are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
4) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us thecompany has complied with the provisions of section 185 and I86 of the Companies Act 2013In respect of loans investments guarantees and security.
5) The Company has not accepted any deposits from the public and hence the directivesissued by the Reserve Bank of India and the provisions of Sections 73 to 76 or any otherrelevant provisions of the Act and the Companies (Acceptance of Deposit) Rules 2015 withregard to the deposits accepted from the public are not applicable.
6) We have broadly reviewed the cost records maintained by the company pursuant to thecompanies ( Cost Records and Audit ) Rules2014 as amended and prescribed by the centralGovernment under sub-section (1) of section 148 of the companies Act 2013 and are of theopinion that prima facie the prescribed cost records have been made and maintained. Wehave however not made a detailed examination of the cost records with view todetermining whether they are accurate or complete.
7) (a) According to information and explanations given to us and on the basis of ourexamination of the books of account and records the Company has been generally regularin depositing undisputed statutory dues including Provident Fund Employees StateInsurance Income-Tax Sales tax Service Tax Duty of Customs Duty of Excise Valueadded Tax Cess GST and any other statutory dues with the appropriate authorities. b)According to the information and explanations given to us no undisputed amounts payablein respect of the above were in arrears as at March 31 2018 for a period of more than sixmonths from the date on when they become payable.
c) Detail of dues of Excise Duty which have not been deposited as on 31/03/2018 onaccount of dispute are given below
|Name of the Statute ||Fron where Dispute is pending ||Period t which the amount relates ||Amount involved |
|(Nature of Dues) || || || |
| || || ||( Rs in lacs) |
| ||Tribunal ||2010-11 ||13.00 |
|Central Excise Act ||Commissioner ||2004-05 to 2013- ||202.28 |
| || ||14 ||77.71 |
| || ||2014-15 || |
8) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations givenby the management the Company has not defaulted in the repayment of dues to banks. Thebanks under consortium has sanctioned SDR on dated 24.10.2016 in respect of all the creditfacilities availed by the company
9) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanations givenby the management the company has not raised moneys by way of initial public offer orfurther public offer including debt instruments and term Loans. Accordingly theprovisions of clause 3 (ix) of the Order are not applicable to the Company and hence notcommented upon.
10) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management we report that no fraud by the Company or on the company by itsofficers or employees has been noticed or reported during the year.
11) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the managerial remuneration has been paid or provided inaccordance with the requisite approvals mandated by the provisions of section 197 readwith Schedule V to the Companies Act;
12) In our opinion the Company is not a Nidhi Company. Therefore the provisions ofclause 3 (xii) of the Order are not applicable to the Company.
13) In our opinion all transactions with the related parties are incompliance withsection 177 and 188 of Companies Act 2013 and the details have been disclosed in the IndAs financial statements as required by the applicable accounting standards.
14) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the company has not made any preferential allotment or privateplacement of shares or fully or partly convertible debentures during the year.
15) Based upon the audit procedures performed and the information and explanationsgiven by the management the company has not entered into any non-cash transactions withdirectors or persons connected with him. Accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (xv) ofthe Order are not applicable to the Company.
16) In our opinion the company is not required to be registered under section 45 IA ofthe Reserve Bank of India Act 1934 and accordingly the provisions of clause 3 (xvi) ofthe Order are not applicable to the Company and hence not commented upon.
For and on behalf of
R.K . Deepak & Co
CA Ranjeet Singal
M. No. 090190
"Annexure B" to the Independent Auditor's Report of even date on the Ind Asfinancial statements of
STURDY INDUSTRIES LIMITED
Report on the Internal Financial Controls under Clause (i) of Sub-section 3 of Section143 of the
Companies Act 2013 ("theAct")
We have audited the internal financial controls over financial reporting of STURDYINDUSTRIES LIMITED ("the Company") as of March 31 2018 in conjunction with ouraudit of the Ind AS financial statements of the Company for the year ended on that date.
Management's Responsibility for Internal Financial Controls
The Company's management is responsible for establishing and maintaining internalfinancial controls based on internal control over financial reporting criteria establishedby the Company considering the essential components of internal control stated in theGuidance Note on Audit of internal Financial Controls over Financial Reporting issued bythe ICAI. These responsibilities include the designimplementation and maintenance ofadequate internal financial controls that were operating effectively for ensuring theorderly and efficient conduct of its business including adherence to company's policiesthe safeguarding of its assets the prevention and detection of frauds and errors theaccuracy and completeness of the accounting records and the timely preparation ofreliable financial information as required under the Companies Act 2013.
Our responsibility is to express an opinion on the Company's internal financialcontrols over financial reporting based on our audit. We conducted our audit in accordancewith the Guidance Note on Audit of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting(the "Guidance Note") and the Standards on Auditing issued by ICAI and deemedto be prescribed under section 143(10) of the Companies Act 2013 to the extentapplicable to an audit of internal financial controls both applicable to an audit ofInternal Financial Controls and both issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants ofIndia. Those Standards and the Guidance Note require that we comply with ethicalrequirements and plan and perform the audit to obtain reasonable assurance about whetheradequate internal financial controls over financial reporting was established andmaintained and if such controls operated effectively in all material respects.
Our audit involves performing procedures to obtain audit evidence about the adequacy ofthe internal financial controls system over financial reporting and their operatingeffectiveness. Our audit of internal financial controls over financial reporting includedobtaining an understanding of internal financial controls over financial reportingassessing the risk that a material weakness exists and testing and evaluating the designand operating effectiveness of internal control based on the assessed risk. The proceduresselected depend on the auditor's judgment including the assessment of the risks ofmaterial misstatement of the Ind AS financial statements whether due to fraud orerror.
We believe that the audit evidence we have obtained is sufficient and appropriate toprovide a basis for our audit opinion on the Company's internal financial controls systemover financial reporting.
Meaning of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting
A company's internal financial control over financial reporting is a process designedto provide reasonable assurance regarding the reliability of financial reporting and thepreparation of Ind AS financial statements for external purposes in accordance withgenerally accepted accounting principles. A company's internal financial control overfinancial reporting includes those policies and procedures that (1) pertain to themaintenance of records that in reasonable detail accurately and fairly reflect thetransactions and dispositions of the assets of the company; (2) provide reasonableassurance that transactions are recorded as necessary to permit preparation of Ind ASfinancial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and thatreceipts and expenditures of the company are being made only in accordance withauthorizations of management and directors of the company; and (3) provide reasonableassurance regarding prevention or timely detection of unauthorized acquisition use ordisposition of the company's assets that could have a material effect on the financialstatements.
Inherent Limitations of Internal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting
Because of the inherent limitations of internal financial controls over financialreporting including the possibility of collusion or improper management override ofcontrols material misstatements due to error or fraud may occur and not be detected.Also projections of any evaluation of the internal financial controls over financialreporting to future periods are subject to the risk that the internal financial controlover financial reporting may become inadequate because of changes in conditions or thatthe degree of compliance with the policies or procedures may deteriorate.
In our opinion the Company has in all material respects an adequate internalfinancial controls system over financial reporting and such internal financial controlsover financial reporting were operating effectively as at March 31 2018 based on theinternal control over financial reporting criteria established by the Company consideringthe essential components of internal control stated in the Guidance Note on Audit ofInternal Financial Controls Over Financial Reporting issued by the Institute of CharteredAccountants of India.
For and on behalf of
R.K . Deepak & Co
CA Ranjeet Singal
M. No. 090190