- TPG Capital joins race to buy stake in Jet Privilege at $400 mn: Report
- Infosys recovers 2% after 4% drop in early trade as CFO Ranganath quits
- L&T gains 5% as board mulls share buyback proposal
- S&P places IDBI Bank's rating on credit watch with negative implications
- Kerala flood LIVE: 370 dead; 1st commercial plane lands at Kochi naval base
Has opening up of insurance delivered?
Even 14 years after the government opened its doors to private companies, the insurance sector has not lived up to the initial promise on penetration, on growth, on profitability, etc. Life Insurance Corporation still continues to dominate the sector by a huge margin. So, what ails India's insurance industry -- is it a victim of regulatory activism or is it their own making? The Business Standard Insurance Round Table will bring together leading stakeholders in the insurance sector to discuss issues concerning the industry. Please send us brief questions that you may want to ask the distinguished panelists. We will raise them with the panelists at the Round Table, which will be held this month itself.