- Foreigners to get citizenship after states' nod: Govt on Citizenship Bill
- China cuts down army troops by about 50%; increases size of navy, air force
- Andhra CM Naidu proposes Kapu quota within Modi govt's 10% EWS quota
- RSS affiliate seeks robust e-com policy, says Flipkart, Amazon dodging laws
- India to overtake China to become 2nd largest oil demand centre: Report
- All Bengali refugees will be given citizenship: Amit Shah in West Bengal
Has opening up of insurance delivered?
Even 14 years after the government opened its doors to private companies, the insurance sector has not lived up to the initial promise on penetration, on growth, on profitability, etc. Life Insurance Corporation still continues to dominate the sector by a huge margin. So, what ails India's insurance industry -- is it a victim of regulatory activism or is it their own making? The Business Standard Insurance Round Table will bring together leading stakeholders in the insurance sector to discuss issues concerning the industry. Please send us brief questions that you may want to ask the distinguished panelists. We will raise them with the panelists at the Round Table, which will be held this month itself.