- Foreigners to get citizenship after states' nod: Govt on Citizenship Bill
- China cuts down army troops by about 50%; increases size of navy, air force
- Andhra CM Naidu proposes Kapu quota within Modi govt's 10% EWS quota
- RSS affiliate seeks robust e-com policy, says Flipkart, Amazon dodging laws
- India to overtake China to become 2nd largest oil demand centre: Report
- All Bengali refugees will be given citizenship: Amit Shah in West Bengal
Is Prof C N R Rao's view that politicians are 'idiots' justified?
Bharat Ratna awardee, Prof C N R Rao, has been pretty vitriolic in voicing what he thinks about our netas, and has had no qualms in classifying them as idiots. His angst: He is upset about the inadequate funding that scientific projects in the country receive. There are several issues here. For starters, does the very basis for his outbursts -- poor funding of projects -- hold any water? Even if it does, has Rao gone overboard in using a term as offensive as 'idiot' and that too at a press conference? And what do you make of his diatribe given that it comes a day after being conferred India's highest civilian honour? Do share your views with us.