- Top Masala Bond seller returns to market after govt relaxes tax norms
- IRDAI's in-principle approval for stake sale in IndiaFirst Life Insurance
- RBI Board to set up a committee to examine its Economic Capital Framework
- Why the govt's initiative to disburse subsidies via DBT could fall flat
- Will not contest Lok Sabha elections in 2019, says Sushma Swaraj
- RBI move to boost bank's lending capacity up to Rs 3 trn, say sources
- Metal shares under pressure; Hindalco, JSPL fall 5%
- Global Markets: Stock markets slide on tech sell-off, dollar sags
Is Prof C N R Rao's view that politicians are 'idiots' justified?
Bharat Ratna awardee, Prof C N R Rao, has been pretty vitriolic in voicing what he thinks about our netas, and has had no qualms in classifying them as idiots. His angst: He is upset about the inadequate funding that scientific projects in the country receive. There are several issues here. For starters, does the very basis for his outbursts -- poor funding of projects -- hold any water? Even if it does, has Rao gone overboard in using a term as offensive as 'idiot' and that too at a press conference? And what do you make of his diatribe given that it comes a day after being conferred India's highest civilian honour? Do share your views with us.