- Air India to raise Rs 5 bn in short-term loans, to mop up another Rs 61 bn
- Chilli powder thrown at Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, cops detain suspect
- France moves to oust Ghosn from Renault, defends alliance with Nissan
- Top Masala Bond seller returns to market after govt relaxes tax norms
- IRDAI's in-principle approval for stake sale in IndiaFirst Life Insurance
- RBI Board to set up a committee to examine its Economic Capital Framework
- Why the govt's initiative to disburse subsidies via DBT could fall flat
- Will not contest Lok Sabha elections in 2019, says Sushma Swaraj
- RBI move to boost bank's lending capacity up to Rs 3 trn, say sources
Narendra Modi has invited comments and suggestions on his move to scrap the Planning Commission. What would your advice to the Prime Minister be?
On August 15 this year, Narendra Modi signalled the end of Nehruvian economics by calling for the scrapping of the Planning Commission. Once this happens, it will also spell the end of the five-year plan regime. The Prime Minister has now invited comments and suggestions on the steps to be taken, going forward, in order to keep the economy on track. What would you recommend he does? Do share your views with us.