- Delhi High Court dismisses PIL against cap on free withdrawals from ATMs
- Imran Khan set to become next Pakistan PM as cracks appear within Oppn
- Global information security spending to reach $124 bn by 2019, says report
- Govt wants non-mineral exploration doubled, greater private sector role
- Both Modi and Vajpayee did well for economy, but neither as much as Macron
- BPCL to keep Mumbai refinery shut for at least 2 months after fire: Source
Should electoral rolls be outsourced so that large scale deletion of genuine voters, as seen in Mumbai, is avoided?
As many as 1.3 million genuine voters did not find their names in the electoral rolls in Maximum city and several, including high-profile people such as Deepak Parekh and Ram Jethmalani, had to leave the booths without exercising their franchise. Should the task of compiling the electoral rolls be outsourced so that the large-scale exclusion of genuine voters is is avoided? Do share your views with us, and also tell us if you encountered similar problems when you went to cast your vote.