- News digest: Govt vs RBI, Tata-Jet deal, Jabong-Myntra merger, and more
- Apple partners with movie studio A24 to make feature-length films
- Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal govts revoke general consent for CBI probe
- Tatas confirm talks to buy Jet Airways; lenders to back the acquisition
- Softening stand? RBI, govt reach truce ahead of Monday's board meeting
Should the SPG Act be modified to provide security to PM candidates like Modi?
Narendra Modi is not the Prime Minister. Not yet at least. Yet he sought Special Protection Group security, which is the kind usually reserved for the top job in the country. Is Modi's demand justified, given that his life is at risk from bomb attacks of the kind that targetted his 'hunkar' rally? Or is is he just making too much of a fuss in order to boost his image? We look forward to your responses.