- News digest: Rupee recovers, Videocon loan issue, Fortis-IHH deal, and more
- Allahabad Bank posts Q1 net loss of Rs 19.44 bn due to high provisioning
- India at pivotal moment, let contentious issues not distract us: President
- Global investors up cash levels in August amid trade war: BofA-ML survey
- Earnings upgrades ahead for Sun Pharmaceutical, stock gains nearly 7%
The Centre's 7th Pay Commission plans may cost the nation Rs 1 lakh crore. How would you have spent the money better?
The government has just set up the 7th Pay Commission for its five million employees and three million pensioners. Analysts say the pay commission awards might cost the nation a staggering Rs 1 lakh crore. Has the Centre's decision been driven purely by poll compulsions, or is there genuine concern for its employees? If you had the power, how would you have spent Rs 1 lakh crore better? Do share your views with us.