- Foreigners to get citizenship after states' nod: Govt on Citizenship Bill
- China cuts down army troops by about 50%; increases size of navy, air force
- Andhra CM Naidu proposes Kapu quota within Modi govt's 10% EWS quota
- RSS affiliate seeks robust e-com policy, says Flipkart, Amazon dodging laws
- India to overtake China to become 2nd largest oil demand centre: Report
- All Bengali refugees will be given citizenship: Amit Shah in West Bengal
Will having industry professionals head regulatory bodies lead to a conflict of interest?
Former LIC chief TS Vijayan is all set to step into J Hari Narayan's shoes as the next Irda chairman. It will be a rare instance when an industry professional heads a regulatory body, raising questions about the conflict of interests. Will Vijayan be able to do justice to his role?