- Top Masala Bond seller returns to market after govt relaxes tax norms
- IRDAI's in-principle approval for stake sale in IndiaFirst Life Insurance
- RBI Board to set up a committee to examine its Economic Capital Framework
- Why the govt's initiative to disburse subsidies via DBT could fall flat
- Will not contest Lok Sabha elections in 2019, says Sushma Swaraj
- RBI move to boost bank's lending capacity up to Rs 3 trn, say sources
- Metal shares under pressure; Hindalco, JSPL fall 5%
- Global Markets: Stock markets slide on tech sell-off, dollar sags
Will having industry professionals head regulatory bodies lead to a conflict of interest?
Former LIC chief TS Vijayan is all set to step into J Hari Narayan's shoes as the next Irda chairman. It will be a rare instance when an industry professional heads a regulatory body, raising questions about the conflict of interests. Will Vijayan be able to do justice to his role?