- Indirect tax base has surged 65% to 11.6 mn since GST roll-out: PM Modi
- Telecom Commission to discuss Trai's proposal on spectrum auction on Aug 31
- Patanjali brings back Kimbho chat with new features, re-launch on Aug 27
- Slowdown in oil imports from China and India drags down demand in Asia
- Rs 900 mn Cosmos Bank fraud: NPCI says its systems 'fully secure'
- Draft policy expects e-comm platforms, search engines to store data locally
- To tackle NPA problem, RBI puts 200 stressed bank accounts under scanner
Will Nitish back out of the NDA following BJP's snub over the Modi issue?
He gave the BJP till the end of the month to name somebody other than Gujarat CM Narendra Modi as the party's prime ministerial candidate. A livid BJP is now contemplating withdrawing support to JD(U) Nitish Kumar's government in Bihar, sending a clear signal that it views his comments on Modi as an affront to the party. Parting ways with the BJP might help Nitish retain a large chunk of the Muslim vote bank, which constitutes 16% of the electorare in Bihar. The flip side is that his government in the state will lose the BJP's support on whose strength iit has endured. So, What do you think Nitish Kumar will do -- will he bite the bullet and part ways with the BJP or will he soften his stand and stick with them?