- SC defers hearing on Zakia Jafri's plea challenging SIT clean chit to Modi
- GAIL, GETCO move NCLT seeking rejection of ArcelorMittal's Essar Steel bid
- Why these scientist-turned-Hindu-seers plan to die, all blaming the govt
- Asia's cash-rich firms more resilient in this year's equity selloff
- File response to CVC report as quickly as possible: SC to Alok Verma
- Online travel companies to clock bookings worth $10 billion in FY19
Will Nitish back out of the NDA following BJP's snub over the Modi issue?
He gave the BJP till the end of the month to name somebody other than Gujarat CM Narendra Modi as the party's prime ministerial candidate. A livid BJP is now contemplating withdrawing support to JD(U) Nitish Kumar's government in Bihar, sending a clear signal that it views his comments on Modi as an affront to the party. Parting ways with the BJP might help Nitish retain a large chunk of the Muslim vote bank, which constitutes 16% of the electorare in Bihar. The flip side is that his government in the state will lose the BJP's support on whose strength iit has endured. So, What do you think Nitish Kumar will do -- will he bite the bullet and part ways with the BJP or will he soften his stand and stick with them?