- Apollo Hospitals, a $2 bn health empire run by 4 sisters makes a comeback
- Is water transportation the panacea to India's logistic problems as touted?
- India could get its first woman Chief Economic Advisor, says report
- India cheapest country to watch Amazon Prime Video: Some interesting facts
- NTPC, SAIL shares hit 52-week low
- Mukesh Ambani's RIL may list retail arm Reliance Retail Ventures in 2019
Will reservation for Muslims make Indian democracy more vibrant?
While Muslims comprise about 14% of the population, they occupy much less in legislatures.Currently there are only 28 muslim members or a little more than 5% of the current strength of the Lok Sabha.A recent study shows a higher minority representation in assemblies has a correlation with progress for all sections of the society on key social indicators. But should this be enough to justify quotas for raising members of the muslim community in the Lok Sabha and Assemblies. Or will it needlessly punish members of the majority community for social ills which are centuries old. We would like to hear your views.