- Reliance JioPhone 2 flash sale today at 12 noon: Know price, recharge plans
- Kerala rains: Toll rises to 79; PM asks MoD to step up relief & rescue ops
- Sun Pharma hits 52-week high on USFDA approval, good Q1 results
- Xiaomi Mi A2 to go on sale at 12 PM on Amazon, Mi Store: First impression
- Why retail investors should diversify their portfolio and limit risky bets
- WPIL, Roto Pumps zoom 20% on robust Q1 result
- Rupee hits new all-time low of 70.32 against US dollar, plunges 43 paise
- Vajpayee critical: Amit Shah, Naidu visit AIIMS to enquire about his health
Will reservation for Muslims make Indian democracy more vibrant?
While Muslims comprise about 14% of the population, they occupy much less in legislatures.Currently there are only 28 muslim members or a little more than 5% of the current strength of the Lok Sabha.A recent study shows a higher minority representation in assemblies has a correlation with progress for all sections of the society on key social indicators. But should this be enough to justify quotas for raising members of the muslim community in the Lok Sabha and Assemblies. Or will it needlessly punish members of the majority community for social ills which are centuries old. We would like to hear your views.