- Foreigners to get citizenship after states' nod: Govt on Citizenship Bill
- China cuts down army troops by about 50%; increases size of navy, air force
- Andhra CM Naidu proposes Kapu quota within Modi govt's 10% EWS quota
- RSS affiliate seeks robust e-com policy, says Flipkart, Amazon dodging laws
- India to overtake China to become 2nd largest oil demand centre: Report
- All Bengali refugees will be given citizenship: Amit Shah in West Bengal
Will the Union Budget be populist, with an eye on 2014 polls or will it address key economic issues the country faces today?
Falling GDP numbers, a depreciating rupee, sagging exports, widening trade deficit... the list of India's economic woes seems endless. At the same time, the elections will be held next year and the UPA wuold not like to displease the electorate. So what will the FM do? Will he deliver a tough, albeit pragmatic budget, or will be succumb to popular will?