- SC defers hearing on Zakia Jafri's plea challenging SIT clean chit to Modi
- GAIL, GETCO move NCLT seeking rejection of ArcelorMittal's Essar Steel bid
- Why these scientist-turned-Hindu-seers plan to die, all blaming the govt
- Asia's cash-rich firms more resilient in this year's equity selloff
- File response to CVC report as quickly as possible: SC to Alok Verma
- Online travel companies to clock bookings worth $10 billion in FY19
Will the Union Budget be populist, with an eye on 2014 polls or will it address key economic issues the country faces today?
Falling GDP numbers, a depreciating rupee, sagging exports, widening trade deficit... the list of India's economic woes seems endless. At the same time, the elections will be held next year and the UPA wuold not like to displease the electorate. So what will the FM do? Will he deliver a tough, albeit pragmatic budget, or will be succumb to popular will?