- Irdai may allow banks to hold over 10% stake in multiple insurance firms
- Can't compare GDP data with consumer spending report, says govt panel
- Truck body builders struggle to wade through ongoing economic slowdown
- RBI to make NEFT transactions system available 24x7 from December 16
- New power sector distribution scheme to have a capital outlay of Rs 2 trn
- New RBI guidelines likely to help MFIs become small finance banks
- Govt hopes to hit bull's eye on divestment, meet Rs 1.05-trn FY20 target
- Snooping row: Parliamentary standing committee on IT summons WhatsApp
- Bankers will be allowed to work without any fear, assures PM Modi
- Odisha issues notification for auction of 20 iron ore, manganese mines
Fund to be launched in two series with greenshoe option on Thursday
- » More
Repo rate now stands at 5.15%, lowest in nine years. A sixth cut this year would mark the longest streak of consecutive rate cuts since the ...
|YoY (In %)||Current||Qtr Ago||Yr Ago|
|Bank rate (29/11)||5.40||5.65||6.75|
The backseat drivers
T C A Srinivasa-Raghavan
The post-1945 consensus, as a result of Keynesian theory, is that a major slump in aggregate demand can be countered by a steep increase in ...
Fighting for Urdu
Uttaran Das Gupta
Among languages spoken by 10 million or more people, Urdu was the only one that registered a decline - falling below 4.2 per cent of the ...
Bombay High Court last week ruled that once an arbitrator is appointed at the request of a disputing party and he recuses from the post, the ...
For promoting export, small-scale industry, education, health care and giving subsidies for the poor and the middle class in transport, ...
RTI experts are elated with the apex court's latest order that emphasised on the RBI's statutory duty to uphold the interests of the ...
Sebi has proposed dual-class share framework with superior voting rights, where a certain share will have higher voting power than an ordinary ...
MNCs with business operations in India should review the implications of the recommendations on their business models, as well as consider any ...
The brewing corporate battle between ITC Ltd and Hotel Leelaventure would put the spotlight on the rights and the responsibilities of a player ...